NSPR Registering

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is to leanna and yes its off topic
default_smile.png

Thank you so much for your post, it really means a lot to me. You have come such a long way from the first time I met you!!

You are so OPEN to learning new things and always wanting to do better! this is what will make you a great horsewoman. Like I told your dad, with some more experience you are going to be a force to be reckoned with
default_smile.png

There are some people who just cannot be taught and do not WANT to learn. I know myself everytime i meet another breeder/handler/trainer i learn something new. I never want to stop learning more about horses!!

I might look into showing outside of just open shows but i'm not sure. I might talk to you outside LB Leanna i'm adding a few questions for you direct. But anyways to jump us back on track, i think i'll still look into him being a breeding stud since he has a good bloodline and he might come out as TT in which i'll be testing him for.
default_smile.png

[SIZE=12pt]Well this is my opinion for what it's worth. I think a person can't really judge an animal by pictures alone 100%, so I can't say that MDM's colt is NOT stallion material. He looks very nice and just because his dam is not a registered Shetland dosen't mean he is any less of a pony or a possible stallion propect. I would guess that most grade ponies who look like Shetlands are indeed Shetlands and just either didn't get registered or lost their paperwork.[/SIZE]

As for the NSPR, I think it's going to be a wonderful registry. It will give people opportunities with their ponies that they never had before. True right now you can't register NSPR to NSPR, but I might guess that will change in the future when there are many champion NSPR ponies out there and they will need to be bred to other Champion NSPR ponies. I have no idea why they aren't allowing this in the first place...gee many AMHR miniatures are a hodge podge of Shetland, POA, Arabian, Welsh, Hackney...what makes this registry any different. I think it's a real deal for pinto painted ponies as they can be registered Pinto and NSPR. If you can register your mini, pony or horse with as many registrations as you can, I would. Every single one of them makes your animal more valuable. So MDM I would registry Copper NSPR, Pinto and WCMHR. Like I say you never know what's going to happen down the road. Besides the Pinto National show ring is a GREAT place to show off your little guy! Plus you can show him at NSPR and WCMHR shows also..3 great arenas for him to make a great champion! Go for it :aktion033:

My stallion is registered ASPC, AMHR, Pinto and his get are eligible for NSPR also. I think that is GREAT! Plus to get them registered with NSPR they must be DNA'd so there you have their DNA for other registrations. I think ALL registries will be asking for their foals to be DNA'd someday.

Like I say JMO

Jenny :saludando:

I was wondering comments on registering shetlands NSPR? I'm wondering if it would be worth the cost, what are your thoughts on the value of the shetland if there NSPR? My colt's sire is the only one registered and he's shetland but his dam isn't registered so its my only option. Unless anybody has any other registry's, he's also going to be registered pinto and possibly tested for the TT gene. I don't think he will make AMHR since he will most likely mature over 38ins?
I'm another one that's really excited about the NSPR registry. I'd love to get a shetland-sired sport-pony out of my TB mare. Eventually... it's on the 'to-do' list.
default_rolleyes.gif
: The sport pony market is one that is really hot right now. I think the NSPR is going to give the registry a great opportunity to expand it's market. I also think that if/when the NSPR gains in popularity, eventually there will be an expanded offering of classes and full registry privileges. Right now, it's limited to just 3 classes I believe, and no offspring registry privileges. But if you get him trained up to drive, you could show him in their harness class.

Another option is the Show Pony division of WCMHR. If he stays under, he could go in their miniature division instead. AMHR closed their registry last year to all except AMHA & ASPC critters. I have a grade shetland mare that I registered with WCMHR just so I can show her in open shows. We don't have any WCMHR shows out this way yet, but those papers will open the door for her in local open events. It didn't increase her value at all, and didn't magically make her breeding worthy, but now we can have some fun with her at shows.

I think your colt is a cutie-patootie.
default_smile.png

I don't know if he would make WCMHR i think they have to be under so many inches? I'm not sure i haven't visited there site or anything because i don't know about them. Yea i got noisy and was browsing sites on NSPR ponies and they have some amazing breeders and such. So i think if he builds a nice show record he'd make an amazing breeder. Your right the market is getting hot for NSPR ponies for there showing records and with his pinto color flared in he'll burn up the show ring.
default_wub.png
:

Thanks for the comments as well i can't wait to get my lil man home. Now i thought the parent that was registered had to be DNA tested? Or is it just the foal that has to be. Thanks

Yes the foal (meaning your horse) and his sire would both need to be DNA'd in order for him to be NSPR and then every resulting foal would have to be DNA'd to be reg NSPR they dont have like stallion reports and such as it is not a breeding registry but a performance one

Thanks Lisa. I should be getting him home in a few weeks then i'll getthe DNA test (blood) and i'll get one from his dad. I'll sort threw all the blood testing stuff later and such when i get him. I think its much easier with out the stallion reports alot less stress.
default_wacko.png
:

Back