Ancestry??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BFrazee

Reaction score
I just got this black colt, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me with his Sire's AMHA ancestry. I've Googled them as much as possible, and am still stumped on the Sire's dam's side.
Sire: Underwoods Tattooed Freckles. Registered AMHA & AMHR.
Sire's Sire: Scott Creek Tattoo

Sire's Dam: Sweetwater Speckles And Freckles

Dam: Dansyn Princess Star. Registered AMHR only, with an AMHA Grandsire.
Dam's Sire: OHS Black Night
Dam's Dam: Martindales Black Star

The colt will be registered AMHR & WCMHR. and maybe ISHR if he develops any appaloosa marks. I'm planning on his registered name being "Seven Shades Of Shadow" and his barn name is "Tarr".

045.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
His grandsire lives at Underwoods in St John. and believe they have/had the mare your looking for.

I was SC Tattoo's farrier for a few yrs while being leased out to a farm in Brown City. I also have a Tattoo granddaughter born here on the farm this spring.

SCOTT CREEK TATTOO
ON LEASE
(1987) AMHA / AMHR 30.75 INCHES
Little Kings Napoleon X Twin K Freckles

Scott Creek Tattoo is a Pintaloosa, sired by Little Kings Napoleon. Napoleon has produced many National Champions and show winners in both halter and
driving. "Tattoo" is not an exception and is a Multiple Supreme Halter winner, as well as an undefeated pleasure driving champion. Tattoo has sired many
show winners. He also produces a lot of color, the majority of his foals are either Appaloosa, Pinto or Pintaloosa. Tattoo is refined, with beautiful Arabian
style and trot! Tattoo is a National Caliber Stallion, and we are proud to have him in our breeding program. “TOOIE” as he is affectionately called, is pictured
here at age 21 relaxing after a bath and carrot. Please excuse the lack of good professional pictures, however you get to see the real, un-airbrushed version
of the horse - Right out of the pasture he enjoys so much. We are hesitantly offering Tattoo for sale or lease PRIVATE TREATY-HE WILL ONLY HAND BREED
AND NEEDS PURINA EQUINE SENIOR (2 POUND COFFEE CAN FULL) TWICE DAILY BECAUSE HIS TEETH ARE WORN FROM AGE-HE STILL DRIVES
AND COULD BE SHOWN AGAIN, NO ARTHRITIS-STILL HAS NORMAL FERTILITY. LOCAL HOME PREFERRED SO I CAN STILL HAVE ACCESS TO HIM FOR
OUR BREEDING PROGRAM ONCE IN A WHILE. WE NEED THE SPACE AND I HAVE MANY OF HIS DAUGHTERS RETAINED IN MY PROGRAM THAT I CAN’T
BREED HIM TO. REFERENCES AND CONTRACT REQUIRED.

SWEETWATER SPECKLES AND FRECKLES
(1996) AMHA / AMHR 31.75 in.
Sweetwaters Lil Storm Cat x Sweetwaters Little Cheyenne

Chestnut leopard Appaloosa mare. "Freckles" is Sweetwater bred and has Bond, Komokos, and Ohio's in her pedigree. Freckles is heavily Appaloosa bred
and has the most delicate features, including her dishy little head. She passes on her refinement and class to all of her foals, who look like little carbon's of
their Dam. Freckles is an incredible color producer and has never thrown a solid foal to my knowledge, the last 4 foals she has had for our farm have been
loud and stunning. We have retained Underwoods Madison for our breeding program and hope for more fillies in the future from this mare.

Thanks, MindyLee.

I know Scott Creek Tattoo, and Sweetwater Speckles and Freckles, I have put them on allbreedpedigree, but I cannot find any info of 'Freckles' Sire and Dam, other than their registered AMHA names, but no names of the Grandparents. I've been to the Underwood Farms page, and researched as far as I could.
I am looking for the names of 'Sweetwaters Lil Storm Cat' parents and 'Sweetwaters Little Cheyenne' parents.
I know the Tarr's Sire and have handled him quite a bit in the last 3 yrs, I like his personality, and his movement, and couldn't pass Tarr up when his owner decided to sell him. I just love how stocky and short Tarr is, and his movement is phenomenal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go. I've included Underwoods Tattooes Freckles, Sweetwaters Lil Storm Cat and Sweetwaters Little Cheyenne in the same attachment for you.

UNDERWOODS TATTOOED FRECKLES.pdf

Attachments

• UNDERWOODS TATTOOED FRECKLES.pdf
    227.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back