Cross register WCMHR and PtHA?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brody

Reaction score
Hi All,

Two of my minis are pintos. My mare is 35.5" class B mini, and my filly will mature to be a class A mini. They are both registered AMHR. I was looking at the possibility of cross-registering them with both WCMHR and PtHA. I was curious about others thoughts on doing this, and mainly what the benefits would be. Currently I don't show, and personally I'm not that interested in showing. However, as my kids get older they may likely show the minis. Beyond being able to participate in a wider range of registry shows is there any real benefit to cross registering, or in my case would it simply another piece of paper? Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

I show ptha primarily, they are honestly the only

Papers I much care about.

I like the association - breed level competition but a good, really fun crowd - at least up here in NY. It's affordable as far as breed shows go too! It's expensive enough to really only get serious people, but it's definitely affordable for the average horseman.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always register my pintos with ptha as we do not have a or r shows super close to me, but I have ptha shows in the next town over. It may be beneficial to you to get color breed papers if you or the kids want to show locally, as in many cases, some local shows do not have mini classes, but open color classes to minis. That was why I initially got mine ptha papers. As for wcmhr, if you aren't showing. ..save your $18. They really do not hold their weight in the rated show world or breeding shed. I used to go to their shows at a club in NY, and they were fun and affordable, but they are no longer held near me, and they since cancelled their big show, so if your horses have a and r papers, I wouldn't bother. I do know people who registered their mini wcmhr to get ptha papers, as they need some outcross papers for color breed, but your a and r papers will get them in to ptha, so I wouldn't bother with wcmhr. Just my opinion.

Have you looked up to see if they are any WCMHR or PtHA shows around your area to see if its even worth registering them? That's the first thing I would look at first.

Secondly I have had my personal dealings with WCMHR and your can do searches here and many will tell you to save your money.

Third I have personally not been involved with PtHA, however, if there are shows around your area go for it. I think even tho its a color registry its very well known and respected and my goal personally is to actually take a year off showing in AMHR in 2016 and get the guy pictured on the left registered into PtHA and show him at the World Show.

Thank you all for the responses. I think at this point I will likely pursue registering them with PtHA, and wait on WCMHR - but we'll see what the future brings. JMS Miniatures, good suggestion on checking out the shows in my area, and I have looked them up. My only problem is that we will be relocating in the next few months, and may be moving again within 2-3 years after that. So, within the next few years we could be living in a few different states in different regions of the country. I think I'll pursue PtHA now, and way until I know where we end up and if there are WCMHR shows in the area before considering that route.

Back