No Joke! Butter had an April Fool's Day baby!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG FINALLY!!!! Yes, a friend of mine had one go for 383 or 385 days, cant remember which, but KNEW the dates she was bred because she was hand bred and then was not around any stallions after that! Yeah, your little guy should have been born already halter broke, hahaha I bet you are relieved!

I am so glad that finally someone else had an overdue foal who looked and acted like they are already 3 weeks old. Most importantly I notice how long his hooves are. This is because my filly last summer was way overdue, about 3 weeks from when she was bred. When I saw the size of her head I couldn't believe that minis had that big of babies, (my first foal ever) Her hooves were very long already, vet said she looked like she was a few weeks old not a newborn lol. WellI kept thinking she needed her hooves filed, I did research, most of all I asked the vet repeatedly and even took her in for a looksee. She also was still walking/rocking back on her bulbs. So FINALLY at about 8 weeks I KNEW something had to be done so I posted here with pictures and got all the help and answers I needed. Indeed she was very long and I am amazed she could run and play the way she did. Looking back now at her pictures, ( I took pictures of her hooves at 2 days old because I had never seen newborn hooves) I can see even then how long they were. The last 7 months we have been studying and keeping a journal of all our minis hooves and learned a lot. Also have the help of a Master Farrier from my horse club.

Edited to add, too many people try to tell us that its impossible for a mare to go overdue that long, and the breeder made a mistake. Her dam has a longer body so she had a lot of room to carry that foal too.

I will never ignore my gut instinct again. THANK YOU forum members for all your help for Jewel. She is gorgeous and has beautiful hooves and straight legs.

Your foal is so handsome. He has the most gorgeous big eyes. Congratulations I just love him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your mares says.......WHEW!!!
default_laugh.png

Congrats on your baby!!

All I have to say is are you sure that isn't a thoroughbred baby you got there with all them legs??? Beautiful baby, and so glad to hear all is well despite the long wait!

Wow he is a big boy!! Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I love that first pic of him and his dam...very sweet.

OMG FINALLY!!!! Yes, a friend of mine had one go for 383 or 385 days, cant remember which, but KNEW the dates she was bred because she was hand bred and then was not around any stallions after that! Yeah, your little guy should have been born already halter broke, hahaha I bet you are relieved!
Glad to know we are not crazy!!
default_smile.png

Congrats, That is a really long gestation wow! I hope none of mine make me wait that long LOL!
Seriously! It was driving us INSANE!

I am so glad that finally someone else had an overdue foal who looked and acted like they are already 3 weeks old. Most importantly I notice how long his hooves are. This is because my filly last summer was way overdue, about 3 weeks from when she was bred. When I saw the size of her head I couldn't believe that minis had that big of babies, (my first foal ever) Her hooves were very long already, vet said she looked like she was a few weeks old not a newborn lol. WellI kept thinking she needed her hooves filed, I did research, most of all I asked the vet repeatedly and even took her in for a looksee. She also was still walking/rocking back on her bulbs. So FINALLY at about 8 weeks I KNEW something had to be done so I posted here with pictures and got all the help and answers I needed. Indeed she was very long and I am amazed she could run and play the way she did. Looking back now at her pictures, ( I took pictures of her hooves at 2 days old because I had never seen newborn hooves) I can see even then how long they were. The last 7 months we have been studying and keeping a journal of all our minis hooves and learned a lot. Also have the help of a Master Farrier from my horse club.

Edited to add, too many people try to tell us that its impossible for a mare to go overdue that long, and the breeder made a mistake. Her dam has a longer body so she had a lot of room to carry that foal too.

I will never ignore my gut instinct again. THANK YOU forum members for all your help for Jewel. She is gorgeous and has beautiful hooves and straight legs.

Your foal is so handsome. He has the most gorgeous big eyes. Congratulations I just love him!

Butter is a bigger mare too...THANK GOODNESS otherwise I don't think the deliver would have went as well!

congtatulations !!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

oh I love the Foolish Pleasure name
default_yes.gif

Congrats on your beautiful boy! We had a mare that we couldn't get in foal until she was 8 and then she cooked for 380 days. The mare had her during the day and standing up. Saw her from the kitchen window and ran outside and the filly was up and ready to go. We've never had another born more ready to go. Ended up naming her Forever
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back