Nine Miniature Horses need rescuing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mona - you hit that one right on the head!!!

They just sent out 1,000 Reservists from Devins up here within the last two weeks over to Iraq - how hard would it be to either bring them back or to activate some of the 1,000+ that are still in waiting and send them down to help? Isn't it about time that OUR country was put ahead of others??? Makes ya wonder where the loyalty is...

This is just aweful, I feel like the US responded to the Tsunami victims faster than our own people!
nono.gif

My Boyfriend is at Ft. Devens and has just been put on Stand-by/Alert to go down south.
no.gif

My relatives in New Orleans were smart enough and fininially secure enough to go to Houston before Katrina arrived. My cousin flew and his daughter and her family drove because the have pets they had to take. They both lost their homes and whatever cars they left at home . They are currently trying to rent a house in Baton Rouge so as to be close to home when the time comes that they can go and see if there is anything to salvage. I sit with tears running down my face as I see the plight of people who could not leave because they are too poor and than having to leave pets that they took with them is just devastating. I think the government is doing an awful job and people are dying in droves because of it. All those people stuck in hospitals should have been evacuated days ago. I pray that things start to speed up and they can rescue animals and people befor the death toll really gets out of hand. They rush rescue materials and help to other countries in hours and here it has been five days.

I just sent a donation from the web site for Chance's MHR, but it didn't give me the chance to designate for this event. Oh well, I guess they can use the $$$ where it is needed.

I am so sad for those people, I just can't imagine.

ClickMini said:
I just sent a donation from the web site for Chance's MHR, but it didn't give me the chance to designate for this event. Oh well, I guess they can use the $$$ where it is needed.
I am so sad for those people, I just can't imagine.

460256[/snapback]

You must have used the button in the left column? There is a special donation button on the main page, maun area of the page. Thanks anyway for the donation.
yes.gif

Just an FYI

I've gotten several donations sent directly to CMHR. ALL of these are being held for the "Hurricane Relief For Minis" so rest assured your donations are going south.

In less than 24 hours, you wonderful people have donated $2,025 to help the Bradford Minis. Any funds left over will be sent directly to other horse rescues in the area.

My humble thanks.

Ginny StP

Relief for folks would probably be much quicker if it was not constantly hampered by folks that are looting, shooting and other things that are just insane. I am heartbroken about these Minis, and I am sure others, that cannot be reached. They may be able to go a bit without food, but NOT without water.

Did people not, knowing this was coming, fill water barrels, bathtubs and any other means of holding water prior to the storm hitting? Surely they knew the immensity of it all and what was going to happen?

I am SO IMPRESSED with Alison and all of you for doing what you have done here so far.

Mona, is there any way to put a locked thread with CNN's email info, and the addresses to donate to Chances so it is readily available for anyone to find without going through a zillion pages of notes??

I am so sad with all this and SO disgusted and embarrassed to the world about the way some of those people are acting there-- WHY would folks shoot at the help coming in? Why do you think that stealing a bag full of several pairs of Nike tennis shoes is going to help you survive? Or a tv set that you will plug into what? Water?

I will spread the word to some of my non Forum Mini buddies here and see if we can get some more donations going!! A LOT is going to be needed!!

Laurie

I live in central Oklahoma and can go to pick up animals or people just let me know. I can also deliver food and water, too.

If I'm needed I'm here to help.
xreiter.gif
xreiter.gif
xreiter.gif

They probably did stow water, but being on the coast, right where the storm surge came in, it is quite possible and even probable that the water that was stashed was ruined or washed away. Along with the rest of their emergency stuff.

From what I understand, these folks are doctors, and probably stayed in place:

1. Because they are needed to be in place after a disaster to render aid.

2. Because they have a farm, and animals, and need to look after them.

I am happy to be able to help in my small way these good folks.

Alright y'all - I cannot thank everyone on this forum enough for their help in the last hours. I am awaiting a call from a gentleman who is a neighbor and has clearance to go check on the Bradford's. Another gentleman is taking a HUGE trailer in to get race horses and is insisting that he will drive out of his way to ensure that the Bradford's have been helped. All of these people have my cell phone number (and if you need it, just email [email protected] and it will kick back to you - call ANYTIME this weekend if its an emergency) and I will be updating the website amha.org immediately once I receive these updates. I pray that we have been able to be of some assistance and can tell you that I have logged over 700 concerned phone calls - one even from Australia, and many more emails.

A group called SLIDE is getting authorization to get into Mississippi - I have talked with them and am going to volunteer to coordinate efforts from Texas for them. They have pick up points for supplies in Georgia, Florida and South Carolina. Here is where in Florida - still working on exact addresses in Georgia and South Carolina, but if you have items or would like to volunteer to collect items, please call Don at 352-585-6114 or email him at [email protected]. I told him he is not ready for the support he is going to get from the Mini World, but he says he is...Here are drop off locations in Florida:

Ocala, FL - Horse N Around Tack Shop

4185 NW Highway 40

Ocala, FL 34482

Tampa, FL - Saddler Tack Shop

9340 56th Street

Tampa, FL 33617

Bradenton, FL - Circus Feed & Supply

3106 Whit Field Avenue

Bradenton, FL

minimini said:
Alright y'all - I cannot thank everyone on this forum enough for their help in the last hours.  I am awaiting a call from a gentleman who is a neighbor and has clearance to go check on the Bradford's.  Another gentleman is taking a HUGE trailer in to get race horses and is insisting that he will drive out of his way to ensure that the Bradford's have been helped.  All of these people have my cell phone number (and if you need it, just email [email protected] and it will kick back to you - call ANYTIME this weekend if its an emergency) and I will be updating the website amha.org immediately once I receive these updates.  I pray that we have been able to be of some assistance and can tell you that I have logged over 700 concerned phone calls - one even from Australia, and many more emails. 
A group called SLIDE is getting authorization to get into Mississippi - I have talked with them and am going to volunteer to coordinate efforts from Texas for them.  They have pick up points for supplies in Georgia, Florida and South Carolina.  Here is where in Florida - still working on exact addresses in Georgia and South Carolina, but if you have items or would like to volunteer to collect items, please call Don at 352-585-6114 or email him at [email protected].  I told him he is not ready for the support he is going to get from the Mini World, but he says he is...Here are drop off locations in Florida:

Ocala, FL - Horse N Around Tack Shop

4185 NW Highway 40

Ocala, FL 34482

Tampa, FL - Saddler Tack Shop

9340 56th Street

Tampa, FL 33617

Bradenton, FL - Circus Feed & Supply

3106 Whit Field Avenue

Bradenton, FL

460498[/snapback]

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Update Sat 9/03

Thanks to all you wonderfully generous people, the

Hurricane Relief for Minis

has received $3,300 todate.

Most of you probably know that the Waveland minis and the Bradfords have received food and water. Now we can focus our efforts in getting them out of there and into foster homes till the Bradfords recover. It also looks like we will have funds leftover to help the other horse rescue groups closer in that are working tirelessly to get ALL the equines out. People truly are wonderful

Ginny StP

virginia said:
Update Sat 9/03
Thanks to all you wonderfully generous people, the

Hurricane Relief for Minis

has received $3,300 todate.

Ginny StP

460931[/snapback]

aktion033.gif
What a WONDERFUL show of support!!!!
yes.gif

Does anyone know where K-nell and other big mini farms down in Miss, are keeping their horses or if they even took them out?

Latest posts

Back