New to this just want to say hi

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey :aktion033: you got on here...... good deal....welcome from the other Russ(in Iowa)!!!!

Everybody, I met Russ at the Iowa club show in July, he was showing a sharp looking bay mare that was winning her classes like crazy. He and his dad(Don Maas) are really cool to watch driving in the classes and know their stuff when it comes to competing in the ring. VERY nice people and miniatures! Alot of you probably know their family as 2005 AMHR Breeder of the Year.

Jump in Russ and feel free to offer advice. I know there are alot of driving questions on here that go unanswered and you could definately help people with your experience.

Got a question......how do you guys come up with such cool names for your horses? Love the monkey line....can't help but smile everytime I hear the name called over the speaker. How'd the monkey line come about?

I know Lavonne secretly wants a monkey driving horse(although you know how she loves her appys so she's shy to admit it)
default_wink.png
: Could you produce an appy monkey for Lavonne? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Russ, Welcome from Wisconsin!!!!

WELCOME from Ohio, Russ! :saludando:

Glad you finally found this place.....won't be long, you'll wonder what you ever did before "Lil Beginnings"!
default_yes.gif
: Can you post some photos of your Minis????

Welcome Russ, from the sweltering summers of Central FLORIDA! :saludando:

Hi and welcome :saludando: :saludando: Will be looking forward to seeing your horses. Mary

Hi Russ! I met Don and I think Russ several years ago at a show in Ord Nebraska. Speaking of which, Don recently had a great write up in the Omaha Wold Herald! Welcome Russ from a fellow Nebraskan.
default_smile.png

Hello and welcome from Astoria, OR (the very NW corner).

default_smile.png

Liz M.

HI Russ! This is Mary S. (also known to you as "Crash" or here on the forum as "Sanny")

Bob is on the forum sometimes too though he doesn't post much. When he does, he does it under my name (not always a good thing -- especially if I don't agree with him).

SO.....how's MY "Wild Monkey" been doin? :xbud: What's he measuring in at these days?

..................and how's YOUR "Dirty Dancer" been doin'?
default_wink.png
:

Now if that doesn't start the forum gossiping, nothing will!!)
default_poke.gif
:

By the way...the other "Cowboy Russ" from Iowa forgot to mention that you were High Point Driver at that Iowa show which had big driving classes with lots of accomplished drivers. :aktion033:

Seriously, I'm glad to see you here. It is a great place for everyone to stay connected with each other, especially once show season ends for the year and we all are not so busy. You have a lot of experience, expertise and knowledge to share plus lots of interesting stories of life back at the ranch.

Russ and Don are great guys and have a breeding program (2005 Breeders of the Year) going that is producing some terrific driving horses One of them - DM Starbucks Sonny won FOUR NATIONAL DRIVING CHAMPIONSHIPS at the 2005 AMHR Nationals. I've been in the same roadster class with him many times thinking I'm lookin' hot and really moving and all of a sudden Don and "Sonny" go flying by me and I suddenly feel like I'm going backwards.

Which reminds me, tell Don again I'm sorry about surprising him in the mens showers in Lincoln.

(relax everyone....I had a 4 year old and an 8 year old in the showers fighting and I thought the coast was clear - late night - no one else around - so I went in to get them to finish up and get out - and in comes Don and he almost had a heart attack when he saw me by the shower stalls thinking he'd walked into the womans room but I was the one that didn't belong there.)

(Which reminds me, don't forget to share the details of the Don Maas Production Sale/Auction coming up in just a few weeks, I would, but I don't have the flyer handy).

We saw the Maas gang at a lot of shows we went to this year and at those shows I don't think anyone in my family went into a driving class without Russ helping us out somehow even when he was in the class himself. Holding a horse or two, checking harnesses, suggesting adjustments, techniques, etc. He even fed my kids lunch at the last show.

OH YEAH and then there was the time a couple of weeks ago when he literally jumped right into the middle of bad situation and took charge when I had a baaaad driving accident (yes, in the show ring) but that is a story to be shared another day. Those that witnessed it know what I'm talking about....I'm still too traumatized to share. :new_shocked: Maybe someday I will once all the bumps, bruises and scrapes all heal.

so............did you decide to go to Nationals this year??

What would all the monkeys do in Tulsa without you?

Welcome Russ! :saludando:

I hope you'll tell us more about you and your horses and post photos too!

I'm glad you've joined the forum family
default_yes.gif
:

[Well Im still thinking about the national show but probly will not make it. I think you get along with the one monkey that I donnt need to be there.Wild Monkey is all yours If you guy deside to buy him. I losed me good driver dancer broth BOMBER he got kicked in the head or heat strok and well. I had alot of fun this year with you guys and think alot of your hole gang.

quote name=Sanny' date='Aug 1 2006, 10:38 PM' post='662166]

HI Russ! This is Mary S. (also known to you as "Crash" or here on the forum as "Sanny")

Bob is on the forum sometimes too though he doesn't post much. When he does, he does it under my name (not always a good thing -- especially if I don't agree with him).

SO.....how's MY "Wild Monkey" been doin? :xbud: What's he measuring in at these days?

..................and how's YOUR "Dirty Dancer" been doin'?
default_wink.png
:

Now if that doesn't start the forum gossiping, nothing will!!)
default_poke.gif
:

By the way...the other "Cowboy Russ" from Iowa forgot to mention that you were High Point Driver at that Iowa show which had big driving classes with lots of accomplished drivers. :aktion033:

Seriously, I'm glad to see you here. It is a great place for everyone to stay connected with each other, especially once show season ends for the year and we all are not so busy. You have a lot of experience, expertise and knowledge to share plus lots of interesting stories of life back at the ranch.

Russ and Don are great guys and have a breeding program (2005 Breeders of the Year) going that is producing some terrific driving horses One of them - DM Starbucks Sonny won FOUR NATIONAL DRIVING CHAMPIONSHIPS at the 2005 AMHR Nationals. I've been in the same roadster class with him many times thinking I'm lookin' hot and really moving and all of a sudden Don and "Sonny" go flying by me and I suddenly feel like I'm going backwards.

Which reminds me, tell Don again I'm sorry about surprising him in the mens showers in Lincoln.

(relax everyone....I had a 4 year old and an 8 year old in the showers fighting and I thought the coast was clear - late night - no one else around - so I went in to get them to finish up and get out - and in comes Don and he almost had a heart attack when he saw me by the shower stalls thinking he'd walked into the womans room but I was the one that didn't belong there.)

(Which reminds me, don't forget to share the details of the Don Maas Production Sale/Auction coming up in just a few weeks, I would, but I don't have the flyer handy).

We saw the Maas gang at a lot of shows we went to this year and at those shows I don't think anyone in my family went into a driving class without Russ helping us out somehow even when he was in the class himself. Holding a horse or two, checking harnesses, suggesting adjustments, techniques, etc. He even fed my kids lunch at the last show.

OH YEAH and then there was the time a couple of weeks ago when he literally jumped right into the middle of bad situation and took charge when I had a baaaad driving accident (yes, in the show ring) but that is a story to be shared another day. Those that witnessed it know what I'm talking about....I'm still too traumatized to share. :new_shocked: Maybe someday I will once all the bumps, bruises and scrapes all heal.

so............did you decide to go to Nationals this year??

What would all the monkeys do in Tulsa without you?

Latest posts

Back