New to minis, and mini pregnancy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Udder and vulva are the same, vulva was pale and tight when I checked at 4:30 or so this afternoon... Nothing like being 8 months pregnant, sick with a cold and trying to watch a mystery mare... Lol

Lol I get what you mean. I'm getting over a cold as well. I'd love to know what the vet says about diahrea. Is she still having it?

I haven't been out to check her this morning so I don't know. I'm laying in bed feeling like death, I really want to go to this vet appointment but I don't want to share my cold, and I really don't want to do anything but sleep right now. :/ I feel like I should reschedule and be kind to my poor vet, but I want to know what's going on with my little lady!

Thanks Kim! I'm trying! Lots of tea/water and couch time! I think my baby has dropped, although thank goodness there's no v shape here haha ;)

As for lass- we have a vet confirmed false pregnancy. I'm relieved to be done scratching my head, and going crazy. We will revisit breeding her for a 2016 foal in a month or so

We'll look forward to your breeding her for 2016.......AFTER you get feeling better!!!

I hope you feel better soon. Lol good that your not sporting a "v".

I do hope you decide to breed her. And now you can pick out the stallion very exciting

I wonder why they have false pregnancies. My dog had one. I got her fixed after a close call and she had a false one. I guess she wanted to have puppies. I fixed her after her second heat. It was so odd. She showed all the signs. Even got big, but no puppies. Strange.

My oldest mare just got over hers. I think she was all wacky from the other girls not cycling. And the fact that there was a stallion on the property. She hasn't seen one in years...like not since she was pregnant with her 2nd foal. Who is now about 17

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you decide to breed her too
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone. I do want to breed her for a foal of our own, but being so close to the end of my pregnancy makes me wonder about the when/how of it all. I would have to find someone with a stallion they would let live here for a month or two for breeding because my big APHA mare can't be an only horse! Or I have to buy another mini just to be a companion while I send lass off. Lass is double registered (A/R) so It creates so many opportunities for stud shopping, it makes my head spin!

My husband is sooo anti-goat. I'm in love with my neighbors cute Nigerian dwarf buck. If have one in a heartbeat but he absolutely will not.

I'm with your husband on goats. But if I wanted to breed a mare, I guess I would be willing to deal with a temporary goat

well since lass is not pregnant, and the stud I had chosen for her is being gelded this week, we're going to wait another month or two before we worry about breeding. In the mean time though, shes getting daily turnout with her "big sister" Lilly. This has proven to help with a little weight loss (yay exercise that doesn't involve me!) so i don't mind the green grass she's getting. Here's a great shot of today's antics. They crack me up out there. I just wish I weren't sick and could go out and not just take pics from my window!

11114244_381097532091656_8370861768878827590_o.jpg

Back