New to minis, and mini pregnancy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah me too! So I wonder... When was the last time she was with a stud at her previous home? Could she have been bred later in the year and is just not very far along?

Last edited by a moderator:
No her previous owners hand breed only, I don't think there's any way the stallions could have gotten to her later than the last breeding date of May 21st. Hoping for the all clear from the bet on Monday and we will decide if we want to breed her again after speaking to the vet,

Awww I was looking forward to her baby. Well I hope you breed her
default_smile.png
. It would be a real keeper

She is still throwing all the signs that she should be pregnant when I went out to clean stalls today. relaxed vulva, darkening red color inside, lopsided belly, even slight softening around her dock! she just has no bag development, its just a relaxed slightly puffy udder. I have a stallion in mind for breeding if we can go that route, and we would be breeding her for a (colorful
default_pray.gif
) may foal. I'm anxious to see what my vet says about her future as a broodmare! if she can't be a mommy anymore then she will become a barn princess and live out her days here being spoiled rotten! now to find something to keep my brain occupied until Monday afternoon!
default_whistling.gif

I'll wait to see what the vet says, because I was fooled once very good by a mare who did this on a day to day basis. On the day that I finally decided she wasn't pregnant, I put her out in pasture and came home to a perfect dream filly still in the sack and deceased. So I'll wait until the vet says no, since she is still looking like a 'possible' to me.

Thanks! I don't have her confined to a stall at night anymore, she has full access to her dirt turnout, but chooses to spend all night in the stall where I can still watch her under cam. I still do check her, but have seen no change in her udder still. just changes in her vulva, color and relaxation. I've been weaning her off of her mare and foal grain slowly in anticipation of a "not pregnant" result.

In the scheme of things, changes in vulva color and elongation far outweigh the udder, because they can foal without an udder but not without these other changes.,

not necessarily...

I know I've had a vet miss a pregnancy on a maiden mare (full size) 2 months before she delivered a HUGE filly. She foaled w/ no bag - had use drugs to bring in her milk (cant remember what we used this was more than 30 years ago). Both did great and thrived. Mare was a 3 yr old 3/4 TB (Native Dancer on her papers) and a wild marked black overo - sabino/frame. Filly sired by a Tobiano.

Yesterday vs her "normal" coloring. Also yesterday's udder shot.

This mare is not a maiden, and doesn't look very big at all. She was Palpated at 328-329 days and she couldn't feel anything or any movement in there.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

She puts her head through there and streched as far as she can reach with her nose to try and get some good greens! She swears she's a starved abused mini.

I don't know why she's would be changing color like that if not in foal....summer is doing the same thing. And everyone think she is pregnant, but some times I wonder lol

Cute little Lass!!!

So nothing else has changed except this: her normal poo (from this morning) next to her soft poo, which she's been having for the last few hours. Vet appointment tomorrow afternoon it can't come soon enough! I don't think she's pregnant so I haven't been watching her at night like I normally would, just a glance at the cam when I'm up in the night. Should I watch her more closely tonight?

image.jpg

Yes. Usually cow pies like that hours before they foal. Looks very suspicious and I would keep a close eye on her

What does her udder look like? Same?

And her vulva?

If you post questions one after the next, the board will combine them into one post. Don't know what the timing is to be able to keep them separate.

Back