New to minis, and mini pregnancy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol mindy!!

Belly looks lower to me
default_smile.png

Something about all that hay/straw/bedding during birth just doesn't seem ideal for me ;) lol! I did catch what a handful of us here believe to be baby movement tonight! Lass was doing more race-horse antics and I saw what I think is a very bouncy baby while she was finally standing still. Will upload a video in a bit!!

short video of the maybebaby's antics. I wish I could have stuck around and tried to feel it, but I had to get this short video and run to a family dinner. Next time i'll get some hands on!

I'm still not convinced! Lol I'll turn her out to play racehorse again today and see what I can see/feel in there!

So funny and we don't want you birthing in the barn, so hope her timing is just PERFECT for you!!

I'm not due until June 3rd! She better have this baby before May so I can enjoy my last month of sleep before my boy gets here.

Oh yes, you'll be getting foal snuffies long before baby snuggles. I didn't know when you were due, but all is well!!

Updates from around 11:30 this morning, lass would be at 326 days today, and she still doesn't seem to want to build a bag. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't have a vet test her for fescue toxicity? I know she goes long but I'm not seeing any progress.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I think she may be filling more in front of her bag? I just noticed it tonight after I came in and reviewed pics. image.jpg

]Well, unfortunately this is the end of the Lass maybe baby saga. I had an experienced friend come over (She has much smaller arms than I do) and palpate lass. She couldn't feel a baby, and believes her to be open. Which means we possibly have a false pregnancy? I checked her milk today and it is still watery and like honey-mustard yellow, where as this time last month it was like golden straw. Yes, my friend is not a vet, but I just really believe we should have felt a foal if there was one in there at this stage in the game. All of these pictures were taken about 2 hrs after we finished palpating her. I have an appointment on monday to get her in with the vet and figure out what is causing all of these changes, and hopefully she's going to be back on the road to a healthy normal mare soon. Now for some last, very confusing pictures of miss lass.

IMG_2921.JPGIMG_2922.JPGIMG_2925.JPGIMG_2927.JPGIMG_2929.JPGIMG_2930.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG

Oh no sorry to hear that. I went thru the same thing last year , my mares udder was very similar to lass. Looked like it was progressing then looked like it wasn't , up and down up and down.

Hoping she gives you something extra special next year if you decide to breed her.
default_smile.png

Awww I'm so sorry Amanda... With that video you posted I thought for sure she was pregnant! That sure did look like a baby moving around in there!! I hope everything is ok with Lass, keep us updated! And we also will need pictures of your new little one when he comes, if you will share!! ;)

Latest posts

Back