NEW STUDBOOKS, PICS, FREE NOW, GO ADD PICS!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't heard anything about it until Sheri posted today.

Joyce L

Not all of my horses are listed.

Any idea what the "SP" column represents?

It will be interesting to watch this site develop.

Karen

I know one problem they are working on is the co-owned horses. Only the horses that I own without a co-owner show up as owned by me. There is some debate on how to handle this issue, and I am sure we will be having some interesting conversations next week at the convention.

The old master database had a lot of 'dirty' data in it that has to be resolved by hand. I was informed that I was one of the problem children, somehow they have me out there under three different owner records.

Last I heard they were reviewing leg markings and trying to get those added to the database.

Please be patient, this is a work in progress and functionality will increase over time. I will know more after our meetings next week in Vegas.

I registered, but I can't finish filling out my profile, the page is 'dead' (nothing highlighted to edit?) and none of the horses I own are there....are do we have to enter them all ourselves (sorry if that's a stupid question).

It's a great idea if I can figure it out
default_rolleyes.gif
:

This is SOOOOOOOOO cool!!!!

I finally figured out how to upload pictures after trying and trying. My last resort is to read-the-directions, and low and behold, it works when you follow the directions!

Yesterday, it did show most of my AMHA horses in "My Horses" but today it shows none. I guess that will get sorted out eventually as I am far from horse-less.

I do have a question, though -- is there a way to update your profile? I want to change something on my profile but the input boxes are faded out like I can't edit them (but can read the information).

No you can't change your profile info. that is direct from what AMHA has. (that is what Quintin told me when he called me about questions I had e-mailed about it all.) That could change later as not everything is totally worked out yet of course. You need to click on My Horses which I think is under My Profile on the left and then it should bring up your horses. Could be they haven't gotten them added yet.

I registered, but I can't finish filling out my profile, the page is 'dead' (nothing highlighted to edit?) and none of the horses I own are there....are do we have to enter them all ourselves (sorry if that's a stupid question).

It's a great idea if I can figure it out
default_rolleyes.gif
:

What happens if we haven't been emailed our password, or any info about this? I paid my membership dues so I'm up to date.....

We got our email a few days ago and l was very surprised to see we have 62 records listed but we only have 37 here right now..some from years back l know for a fact were transfered showed up on some of our sheets. l just thought that was odd and Kendra if your reading l have Pending on my stallions sheet...weird.

I checked it out as soon as I received the e-mail....but also found it very confusing. There are horses there that I never uploaded.....and some I haven't owned for years!
default_wacko.png
:

OK.....now I'm TOTALLY confused!
default_wacko.png
: I just went back to see if I could add a photo....but now there are NO horses there for my page. Totally Bank! I can't add a photo, unless I click a box next to one of the photos already there.....and they are all gone! :eek:

I am excited about what this site will eventually be, but right now I can't even stay logged in! Every time I try to edit, it logs me out. I'll try again in a week and see if they've worked out some of the bugs and adjusted to the traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to upload pictures of "my" horses (though none were showing for me in the "my horses" link earlier). BUT, that included Destiny and Double who are listed currently in Erica's name only. While it was nice that I could upload a picture of my horses, my next thought was someone could have uploaded a picture of some ugly nag as if it was Destiny, Double, DunIT, Lou, etc., etc., etc...

Here are a couple of answers from my experience-

Our horses are all co-owned so nothing shows up under "My horses". But I can do a search for each one separately and they come up so I add photos and see what is listed for them.

SP stands for SHOW POINTS (I figured that out when one of our horses had "14" of them!) Yea!

Maybe we should start our own FAQ thread with answers. I want to add comments to a photo or change a photo but can't seem to be able to do that.

I was able to upload pictures of "my" horses (though none were showing for me in the "my horses" link earlier). BUT, that included Destiny and Double who are listed currently in Erica's name only. While it was nice that I could upload a picture of my horses, my next thought was someone could have uploaded a picture of some ugly nag as if it was Destiny, Double, DunIT, Lou, etc., etc., etc...
That is my concern as well.

I can't upload pictures - even when I select a horse no icon comes on the screen (even though there is a check mark beside the horses name) to click on to add a picture.

I think the website is a great idea - but hopefully it will become a little more user friendly over time.

Anyone else having the same issue with uploading photos?

My question is, is AMHR doing this too?

AMHR is the only one that knows my contact information. AMHA does not. My current contact information is on there and I have no clue how it got there and all of my AMHR horses and some that I don't even own is listed. I just want to know who put in all of this information when AMHA does not even know my current street address!

Tonight is the first chance I've had to play with it - I was able to add photos with no problem, and access pedigree information, etc on my horses. I think it's going to be a wonderful asset, albeit an expensive one.

Jan

Okay, for those of you that were able to view the show results page, how did you do it? I can see the number of points my horse has, but I can't figure out how to actually get into it to see more detail.

NEVER MIND!! I figured it out!

I've been in a little bit, and am excited for the possibilities!

But, so far, all my horses show as AMHR only, and I have a double-registered herd.

Many of my past buyers did not transfer the R papers to their names, and sometimes the other was true.

SO, this is a bit of a bummer (though I knew it anyway from the AMHA studbook).

I can't upload any pics, though, and the search doesn't work very well.

This really bodes well for the future!!!

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back