New foal and last for this year!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaymom

Reaction score
First let me whine...ha! In the last three years I have brought in 2 mares both bred to nice outside stallions, hoping to get a filly I could keep...show and breed. My Stallion throws mostly girls but in time I have to move them on for I am small now, with just the one stallion. Both mares delivered colts! Okay that said...wiping away tears...ha!

Let me introduce my last foal for this year. Appy breeders will also understand the frustration on this combo. The sire is a black leopard and the dam is a black roan leopard...the colt...solid. Ha! Well not really solid, for this morning I had a new foal in the stall. Last night Dusta delivered very nicely, with no problems, what looked like a solid black foal. This morning I see lots of shading going on. There is no white in the hip area but it looks lighter than the rest of him. However, for a solid colt, he is built exceptionaly well for a tiny.

Haven't decided on a name yet for I didn't pick any out for this year...ha!

boy6.jpg
boy9.jpg
boy_9_hours_old.jpg

And his video.... http://www.ptmminiaturehorses.com/uploads/Movie.wmv

Thanks for letting me share.

Congrat!!! Looks like a very nice snowcap you got there!!!

Congrats he is very handsome. he looks like his bum has faded in the sun
laugh.gif

what a handsome fella that is! I luv 'em spunky - at just 9 hours old he's already bucking up at his momma - too cute! I see the lighter rump in the video really well - perhaps time will surprise you. Great video!

Congratulations on your wonderful foals and just think - now you get to sleep a full night in your bed! I can't wait for that day! LOL

Thanks everyone for the kind replies. He really is a little spunky thing.

You can always tell the boys from the girls.

Truth be said I love the boys...usually better due to their attitudes. However, with my set up, I know they have to leave pretty fast after weaning. The girls can stick around for a lot longer.

Have no idea how this one will end up. This afternoon in the sun I did see some tan and white single hairs mixed in the black..

Congrats on your colt!!!
default_aktion033.gif
He's such a neat color & pattern
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back