Neverending Saga: The Kennel

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Marty, I love your stories!!!
default_yes.gif
:

I can't believe that breeder!!! :eek:
default_frusty.gif
:

I'm gonna hijack your thread for a second though, and it's really only a slight tangent...you are talking about German Shepherds & breeders....

When I was at the Louisville show last weekend, we were set up pretty close to some of the rings, and I was tired, so I set up my chair and cuddled with Moxie for awhile. I don't remember what I was doing, reading the catalogue or something, but I hear this person walk by with a squeaker. And I think, dog show people are soo weird. Then a few seconds later I hear it again, so I look up to see who is doing it, and I start watching him. He's walking back and forth, squeaking the squeaker and making smooching noises. THEN I pay a little more attention....German Shepherds in the ring....OHHHHH he's only doing it when a certain dog is being looked at by the judge....I couldn't frickin believe it (I don't know about the US, but this is strictly forbidden in Canada, you can get in some big trouble doin that)!! So I start paying a little more attention...the dog he was 'double handling' almost ran down another dog & handler...and ended up dead last in the class...HAH, he got what he deserved....BUT I was interested then, and started watching the people around the ring while the shepherds were finishing up....some lady comes up and stands beside me with a chain collar & leash in her hand, and when the judge was looking at 'her' dog, she started jingling the collar!!!! :new_shocked: :eek:

It was very entertaining to pick out which people were double handling which dogs! :eek: :no: And there was only ONE dog in the classes that I was watching, that I didn't pick up a double handler on!!!!!!!
default_wacko.png
:

sorry for hijacking Marty, I've been trying to find a place to post about that!!!! :saludando:

Just made me think about it, the way those breeders acted....coz when that guy placed last, he was ticked!

Can't wait to hear updates re: April 14th!!!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

~kathryn

I went and looked at www.sablerockkennels.com. They have some gorgeous dogs!!! Too bad they are so far away!!

Oh Marty! That's a funny story. I just love the way you tell a story
default_yes.gif
:

Lookie lookie....

sablefemale.jpg

default_wub.png
:

Mindy,

I think that pups needs a road trip!

Whatever you do, dont get a german shepherd, they are the meanest, most agressive dogs ever, not to mention that they are HORRIBLE with kids
default_wink.png
:

235666820.jpg

^Thats how I grew up, with my partner in crime

Also, check this site out. They often have german shepherds that are in urgent need of homes. Maybe even a young adult so it could already be housebroken, but still very playful. Im sure its easier to raise foals when your not chasing the pup from peeing on the floor

German Shepherds

bcody, she's just waiting patiently for her new family to claim her!
default_wink.png
: She is so sweet and mellow. I love all these puppies so much. It's going to be so hard to let them go, but then I picture 10 full grown German Shepherds and I think, maybe it will be just fine
default_rolleyes.gif
:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displa...i?petid=7829447

You cant tell real good in the picture, but she might be a purebred red sable

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displa...i?petid=8103347

She is young and obviously purebred

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displa...i?petid=7973949

He looks purebred also, just with soft ears. He's still young, so they could be taped

http://search.petfinder.com/shelterSearch/...;age=&size=

&specialNeeds=&declawedPets=&children=&status=&id=&internal=&contact=&name=&

shelterid=AL80&sort=&preview=1

If your anywhere near alabama, here is a german shepherd rescue that has quite a few

purebred pups

LOL good lord..and i bet the BREEDER wonders why they had to drop their price on those pups?? probably everyone else that looked at them were petrified of their older dogs too and had the same impression! lol I wouldn't buy from a kennel that had obviously ugly dogs. Granted i've found a lot of dogs can seem ugly sounding when they are "guarding " their car or their fence..but even mine as much as they bark and sound ugly (no they dont' growl or anything) people can walk right up to their fence and pet them.... If someone said it wasn't a good idea to see the parents even with THEM present.. I'd definately turn and run the other way!!

Also if that breeder thinks you can't tell what the pup will be like as an adult then you should have looked at her and said "ok i can see what YOUR kids will be like as adults" LOL.. no common sense i'd say! If she lectured you on being ashamed for wasting her time, i'd have also said she should be ashamed for breeding ugly dogs and then having people come to an unsafe premisis where they could be eaten by these dogs.. wonder who is worse? LOL

Oh how I do love your good stories...I say.....go back to breeder #1
You know I loved the saga....and in the back of my mind I suspect breeder number 1 may have something to do with the next segment of the great GSD puppy search.
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:

Back