Needing a small 32" mini turnout blanket

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaytori220

Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding a waterproof turnout blanket with gussets for my very small mini mare. She measures a 32 from center of chest to center of tail and she measures 29.5-30 tall. A 36 which is the smallest in a mini horse blanket would be very large on her I would think. I did find a dog Tough 1 Polar turnout online but I dont think it has leg straps and not sure how well in the neck it would fit her and if it would be long enough on the sides. And the prices are very reasonable being under $20 for the dog one. What do you all use for your very small minis? I would like to get a blanket and sheet.

I know I've seen blankets smaller than 36", you might have to look at the adjustible blankets or foal blankets to find one small enough.

Ozark has at least one style that comes small enough. Here's a link to one of their blanket pages, from there you can check out the rest of the pages: http://www.minitack.com/1014.htm

KayJay has a smaller blanket and sheet, but might not be quite the right size: http://www.tackforminis.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=24&zenid=1959cb2eef7ee93b040a20cc90a281a6

I know I've seen more somewhere, if I remember where, I'll let you know.

I did contact Ozark Mountain. But their blankets dont have gussets and arent waterproof.....thats the problem im running into. Thanks for the links though.

The gussetted blankets seem to be really hard to find that small. You might have to give a little on that requirement, and hopefully still find waterproof.

The Kensington waterproof blankets that Ozark sells are most certainly waterproof. I have put one on a soaking wet horse and left her out in a cold rain, and a couple hours later when I checked on her she was completely dry under that blanket--not only did that blanket keep the rain off her, it allowed her already soaked coat to dry. It's true that they do not have gussets, but frankly I haven't found this to be a problem--I have a number of them & they fit great. Unfortunately for you the smallest size fits 34-38" so is a little too big for what you need. Their foal blanket, which is also waterproof, fits up to size 34" so might work for your horse?

waterproof foal blanket

Back