Mini or Burro?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbbySmith

Reaction score
Hey y'all!
So when I bought my two girls, they were sold as miniature donkeys, but the seller was dishonest about a couple of things, and I thought that my donkeys were minis, but now seeing them, they are definitely not! They aren't big enough to be a standard, but not small enough to be a mini. They were sold as 37 and 38 inches tall, but I think that they are bigger than that. I haven't been able to accurately measure them yet because they are scared of the tape, but we are working on it, and I would guess they are about 31/2-4ft tall. Is it possible that maybe their parents were both just bigger minis? Or are they like a burro? Thanks!

Pretty sure burro is just another term for donkey.
There are three basic sizes for donkeys: miniature, standard and Mammoth.
Miniature donkeys are measured top of the withers, and tallest allowed is 38" tall. Standard measure from: small standard is 36-40", standard is 40-48", large standard is 48-54". And, mammoth are over 54" for jennies, over 56" for jacks and geldings. [I think I copied that all correctly from the page I have (got the link from a well-verse donkey person): Just How Tall IS a "Hand" ]

Latest posts

Back