Need opinions on new puppy's breed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't waste your money on these supposed DNA tests, to tell you what your dog is. Most don't even come close and not all breeds yet, have DNA actually defined. It is a very clever way for some to make money though.

Lizzie
I've heard this as well.....

Thank you all for your responses. Today makes day two of being flea free. Whoo hoo! I hope thats a very good sign.

The puppy on that site looks identcal to him with the exception of some of its markings. When I showed the picture to my husband, he had to do a double take because he thought I was showing him a picture of Andre.

We know he is pit, so breed testing isnt really important (even if it was accurate). Sadly due to the fleas, he's been spending his days and nights outside, and now he prefers to be out there instead of inside with us. Stupid fleas. Lol

He is very cute. Not sure if he is PB but seems to have some bully look to him
default_smile.png

My son has had several PB's registered, razor edge and razor mixed. They are def a working class dog. And they love to have a job. They are extremely loyal dogs, very protective of their people too.

My sons dog Blade is a hunting dog, knows his job and would die to do it. And he excels at it. He is very obedient.

All classes of dogs must know their place in the pack. And I agree with others, when you own a dog, you must understand the nature of the breed(s) and understand the dogs needs. Sadly most dog owners dont do so.

Pit bulls are wonderful dogs in the right situations. With the right leadership. Including knowing that the breed has a bad rap and its the owners job to see the dog is controlled and maintained properly.

WE DO NOT allow ANYONE around our pitt unsupervised. Children are not allowed on the ground in his area. He has never attacked and we refuse to give him any opportunity to do so. Thats OUR job.

He has been properly socialized, but with a bite that can be so sever why take the risk? His job is to take down 300 + lb wild hogs, and realize what he could do if he were threatened. He is not dog agressive, not human agressive. Still Not a chance we are willing to take.

He is one of the sweetest dogs Ive ever known, I am happy to have him as a family member. Hes a love bug
default_smile.png

He is a blue/ fawn razor edge mixed line PB :

MikeanBlade1.jpg

Mikeanblade2.jpg

mikeblade5.jpg

mikeanblade3.jpg

Oh Bonny, he's beautiful! I more than understand what you're saying. I had my doubts about this little guy but it's hard to see his breed when he is such a lovey. I know what he is capable of, and we will always have to use that caution, but I really hope he will be wonderful dog. Tomorrow he gets to go to the feedstore with us. :)

Oh Bonny, he's beautiful! I more than understand what you're saying. I had my doubts about this little guy but it's hard to see his breed when he is such a lovey. I know what he is capable of, and we will always have to use that caution, but I really hope he will be wonderful dog. Tomorrow he gets to go to the feedstore with us. :)
We take Blade with us places too, he loves to go. We try to behave as if we are walking a tiger on the leash when it comes to people and animals coming near him. We look out ahead for dangers, so we can avoid any mishaps. Its sounds as if I may be paranoid, which I am not trying to sound, I just COMPLETELY understand the strength he possesses and the jaw power he has.I dont mean to make it sound like he IS a dangerous dog, in fact hes never given us any reason to think he is. But like many others Ive seen children and adults bitten by pitts and it terrible the damage they can cause.

However, when out in the woods, and the wild hogs weve got here in our property, I love knowing he has our backs!

I cant wait to see your pup as he grows he sure is cute! In the first picture I posted of our Blade, he was 5 weeks old! He is almost 2 now, in the last pics...
default_yes.gif
And he weighs roughly 75 lbs...

Oh and Thank you. I think hes beautiful too.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I also want to share another one of our Pitts, Sara, this is Blades Momma
default_smile.png
She is an american pitt, fawn color, Blades dad was the blue. Sara was a rescue, she was so sweet natured she was used as a bait dog, they put fighting pitts on her, she was so scared up. Even after her terrible past she was the most loving dog.

My son thinks your puppy may also be an american pitt like Sara....He sure is built!

sara12-17-09003-1.jpg

Oh my goodness, I love Sara! Not to mention her name (my name is also Sara, spelled the same way). I currently only have internet on my cell phone, so I'm not sure how to manuever this site on it just yet, but I would love to talk with you privately about some concerns I have about Andre's upbringing, if that would be alright.

Oh my goodness, I love Sara! Not to mention her name (my name is also Sara, spelled the same way). I currently only have internet on my cell phone, so I'm not sure how to manuever this site on it just yet, but I would love to talk with you privately about some concerns I have about Andre's upbringing, if that would be alright.

I would love to talk to you.

You can find me here:

http://www.mysticrockminis.com/LiveCams.html

I have a goat due to kid so she is on my barn cam, and I stare at her almost all day LOL!

we can exchange phone # there if you want
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back