Need a BRIDGE over a stream in my pasture!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critterhugger

Reaction score
The county came in and did some work on the stream in our pasture. Much to my dismay the stream is no longer is passible for my horses! I am going to need to build a bridge over the stream so my horses can get to the other side! I won't need to build it until next spring, but I'm looking for some ideas! Anyone out there ever built a bridge that is safe for horses to use???

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Laurie,

I am bumping this up for you:)

Are they going to make your pay for it? My mom used to work for the city(she was the secretary), and they had to do somthing and needed to remove a part of fence that a lady just hired to have done, and the city workers told her that they could put it back up, and she said no, you will hire the people that I payed to do it, and they did!

Gage

You should check this out completely first with your county court house or the state. When messing around any creek or stream even on your own property there are laws about this in many places so do some serious checking.

We had the same thing here with the farm we have in the valley and we were not allowed to do any bridge building or anything by ourselves. The Army Corps of Engineers came in and did the work.

Why is it no longer passable?

We have one in our pasture. ITs fine now, but when it floods in the spring the horses just swim across it, yes includeing the foals.

Latest posts

Back