natural wood carts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
Double Diamond used to sell a natural wood easy entry cart--they had both Mini and pony sized carts in this style--for about $600. At the time I decided to wait awhile on that cart & got a metal one instead--I figured I could buy the wood cart a little later.

Well, Double Diamond quit selling those carts and I don't know any other dealers that sell them. I think they might be made by Graber, but I haven't been able to find a phone number for Graber.

If you know of another dealer for these carts or have the phone number for Graber, please let me know.

I know there are other wooden EE carts on the market--the ones from Silver Penny farm for example--but those carts don't interest me. The one that DD sold is the one I liked.

[quote name='Minimor' date='13 November 2010 - 10:10 AM' Well, Double Diamond quit selling those carts and I don't know any other dealers that sell them. I think they might be made by Graber, but I haven't been able to find a phone number for Graber.

If you know of another dealer for these carts or have the phone number for Graber, please let me know.

I am not sure if Graber makes the cart you are talking about or not but his phone number is 812-636-7725

There is also a Chris Graber (no relation to the other Graber's) who makes easy entry carts but not show carts. His number is 260-657-3801 Could be him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerald do a wooden EE cart, although I'm not sure if that's the type you are looking for. I have one, it's a lovely little cart for training and mucking around in
default_smile.png
It's about 10 years old now, and I've only had to replace wheel bearings so far
default_smile.png

2410403.jpg

wiccanz............LOVE your horse!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
I also like the clip...that is one of my favourites, though I tend to go higher on the sides...usually because I mess up one side and have to "even it up" a couple times.
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png

Thank you Sue
default_smile.png
I love him too, he's such a floater, really nice to sit behind
default_smile.png
Not competed yet, through various circumstances, but I can't wait to get him out!

He was in Queensland, Australia at the time, in winter, so too warm to be fully coated!
default_biggrin.png

Kateland Farm Miniature Horses in NY deals in Graber carts. Just do a web search for them.

Myrna

Kateland Farm Miniature Horses in NY deals in Graber carts. Just do a web search for them.

Myrna
Holly would be better off buying directly from Graber's - they live in Indiana which is a lot closer to Manitoba than NY is.

The Jerald cart won't suit--their pony cart has the exact same dimensions as the CTM and Frontier EE carts, making it too high--the seat height is meant for a larger horse, not a small pony, and the shafts too are too high--meant more for 52" and up than 45" and under. As well the Jerald shafts are 66", much longer than the 60" onces on the cart I have now.

I will have to call Graber & get some measurements on their carts--thank you for those numbers Lori!

I considered having someone cut the seat supports on my CTM cart & then lower the seat that way, but I can picture some welder making a real mess trying to do that. Besides, that wouldn't help with the shaft height at all.

Kateland doesn't appear to have photos of their carts? I couldn't find any to see if the Graber carts are in fact the ones that DD used to sell. If nothing else I may have to try phoning DD and ask them who supplied the carts they used to sell.

The Jerald cart won't suit--their pony cart has the exact same dimensions as the CTM and Frontier EE carts, making it too high--the seat height is meant for a larger horse, not a small pony, and the shafts too are too high--meant more for 52" and up than 45" and under. As well the Jerald shafts are 66", much longer than the 60" onces on the cart I have now.

I will have to call Graber & get some measurements on their carts--thank you for those numbers Lori!

I considered having someone cut the seat supports on my CTM cart & then lower the seat that way, but I can picture some welder making a real mess trying to do that. Besides, that wouldn't help with the shaft height at all.

Kateland doesn't appear to have photos of their carts? I couldn't find any to see if the Graber carts are in fact the ones that DD used to sell. If nothing else I may have to try phoning DD and ask them who supplied the carts they used to sell.

The cart that they were selling is an Alpine Easy Entry made by Alpine manufacturing out of Alliance Oh. I bought one a year ago and really like the cart, have changed wheels but other than that it is a nice cart....they make mini and pony sizes. google and they come right up.

Minimor said:
Apparently it wasn't a Graber cart, but here's a link to pictures of their carts on the Kateland site in case anyone is interested.
default_smile.png

http://www.katelandfarm.com/index_files/Page2569.htm

Leia

What type of springs does it have? I couldn't

see any from the picture

The Alpine cart has a c spring and does give a bit better ride/cushion than the coil on most easy entry carts.

Latest posts

Back