Converting metal to wooden shafts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBENES

Reaction score
I love my little EZ Entry cart, but for a couple of things. One is the rattling of the joined shafts. I don't know if it is possible to replace metal shafts with wood. Has anyone tried it? The other is more important - my aging back is resenting the bumpy ride we get crossing frozen fields. I am having the new seat redone with more, better padding. I am thinking of adding a gel material. Has anybody tried this? I also added padding to the saddle area to save Consuelo from a pounding, though her harness saddle seems to be maintaining some spacing above her spine. Despite the frigid temps, we go out almost every day for about 45 minutes.

For the rattling, it's a little redneck, but how about duct tape? Or tennis racket grip material if it's thin enough? Wrap it where it'll do the most good, either inside the join of the shafts if there is room, or around the joint so that it can't move so much.

There are bolt-on suspension kits for metal easy-entries that might make a huge difference in the ride!

Abby P, Not redneck at all, my Massachusetts dad used duct tape for everything. He did grow up on a Depression era farm tho. I might try it to see if it stops some of the rattle. I'd rather listen to the beat of little hooves. I've looked into the bolt on kits, but my hubby is skeptical of the project, and I will be dependent upon him. He suggested I just buy something more suitable, but after just buying all new harness and cart, I am loath to buy another one. Maybe someone has had experience with the kits and can offer advice. I think once spring comes and the ground is thawed, the ride will be a little smoother and the upholstery work should help. Thanks for your suggestions.
For the rattling, it's a little redneck, but how about duct tape? Or tennis racket grip material if it's thin enough? Wrap it where it'll do the most good, either inside the join of the shafts if there is room, or around the joint so that it can't move so much.

There are bolt-on suspension kits for metal easy-entries that might make a huge difference in the ride!

Latest posts

Back