Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_saludando.gif
Yah, I kind of know that, but thanks for the site. Good reading. I was just trying to come up with a good name to distinquish my horses from the doubles. And I wondered if it was a bunch of old guys sitting around a round table at a pub that came up with it or maybe it was somebodys last name. Myrtle Thoroughbred maybe. Any way it is a good name and so is Full Bloods.
I like your "Full Bloods"! I sure as heck don't want to get into "Foundation" Miniatures as that just makes me think Shetland and half of those Foundations look suspiciously to me as if they contain more than a pint of Hackney blood. Full Blooded Miniatures has a good ring to it.
default_biggrin.png

Ahh but you are mistaken, I do like them. I raised Shetlands at one time, enjoyed them and working with them as shetlands. Losing what the miniature horse has become is a tragedy. Both breeds have their place just as Standardbreds and Morgans who have the same roots. Their is enough refinement and beauty in the Miniature horse without returning to the Shetland. Keep the Shetland and the Miniature horse as diverse and seperate breeds as they have become, or judge both types on a level playing field, or heaven forbid, class them by type as the Shetlands do.

I do not dislike the Shetland at all, I dislike losing the Miniature horse.

Ahh but you are mistaken, I do like them. I raised Shetlands at one time, enjoyed them and working with them as shetlands. Losing what the miniature horse has become is a tragedy. Both breeds have their place just as Standardbreds and Morgans who have the same roots. Their is enough refinement and beauty in the Miniature horse without returning to the Shetland. Keep the Shetland and the Miniature horse as diverse and seperate breeds as they have become, or judge both types on a level playing field, or heaven forbid, class them by type as the Shetlands do.

I do not dislike the Shetland at all, I dislike losing the Miniature horse.

You say that you raised Shetlands. Can I ask when you raised Shetlands and for how long?

[SIZE=14pt]I do not dislike the Shetland at all, I dislike losing the Miniature horse[/SIZE]

Wow- I know I started this whole mess, but this statement made in crabtree farms post may be the most true and powerful for me. I have to say I have some issues with the "old shetlands" attitude growing up with many, but I guess it really isn't that I dislike todays shetlands. As others have said, I enjoy watching a pretty horse despite the breed. I also agree that we are always trying to better the breed.

But this statement makes the most sense of all.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back