Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadow

Reaction score
Hi everyone
default_smile.png
Just thought I'd let everyone know how many friends I made at the Nationals. It was my first time there and 2 out of my 3 boys went top ten more than once. That experience was the positive of my trip.

As you can tell from my "Topic Description", I was abandoned by my ride and stranded in Tulsa. I would like to thank some people who helped to find transportation and/or offered my horses and me rides. First of all, there were 2 women from South Carolina, Connie from New Jersey, Bruce and "Big" Ed from New York, Gayle Rae, Matt, Frank/Liz and people I don't even know their names
default_smile.png
I would also like to give Special Thanks to James who went out of his way to find rides for the boys, Thankyou James, you are a true friend. Also, I would like to thank Maggie who brought the boys to PA and Pam for letting me ride with her in the RV, we had a great time and I feel I have made 2 new friends for life. And last but not least, my husband Ray for his comforting words of wisdom during this stressful time.

Val Carroll

Meadowbrook Miniatures

Hopkinton, RI

Home of:

AMHR/AMHA MBF Boy Blue/MBF Comet's Boy Blue

Top Ten Amateur Jr Gelding, Under

Jr Gelding 31"-33", Under

Bred, Owned, Shown, Under

AMHR MBF Firecracker

Top Ten Jr Stallion 33"-35", Over

Bred, Owned, Shown, Over

Oh my goodness I can't imagine how or why you got ditched like that but isn't it great they way so many people came to offer help? There are lots of beautiful people on this earth and I am so glad you were able to make new friends.

Congratulations on your wins! You must be proud!
default_aktion033.gif

How awful that you and your horses were dumped! Your husband Ray is a wonderful man (tell him I still love my trailer dividers!) and I'm sure he wished he was there to help you.

Leia Gibson

Snohomish, WA

Yes, mini people can be so helpful in your time of need.

God Bless who all who got you and your horses home safe.
default_wub.png

A point of clarification: You were not abandoned/stranded in Tulsa. Your horses had a ride home, which you refused. You only needed a ride home for yourself, since you physically assaulted me in a fit of rage on Friday night.

You are correct about one thing, the trip did show what true friends are really like.

Back