National Drive

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poodlepill

Reaction score
I am going to the National Drive this year, havent decided if its with my mini or not. I was wondering those that went before, is there a decent amount of vendors that carry mini stuff? like harness and carts for me to shop/look at. Also, I am looking for a new (to me) EE cart, do people bring used stuff to sell? trying to decide if I should drive my truck=more gass or my car=less gass LOL

Do you think I'll get enough out it if I dont bring a horse, just show up for the classes and to watch stuff?

Botom line is I am intimidated to drive there AND I have lost my confidence :-(

COME!! You will have a great time! There is a group of girls from here that go and we will take care of you! Right girls? I am so pumped, only 16 days left! There are lots of vendors and there is always something for sale. I am taking a cart with me to sell, big horse though. Everyone is super fantastic and helpful.

I am certainly coming!!! I have to check it out, just cant deicde if I want to bring my driving horse, he is green and so am I when it comes to driving horses, lots of expierence driving other. I just dont want to be a mess, my cart is just a Kensington cart with a Rons harness, just ok stuff. I am really worried this is over my head. I really dont know how my horse will do ouside of my pasture...............no confidence is just sucking the life out of me.

You are so sweet :)

You can always ground drive him all over the place to see how he would be! It's a great way to check out new situations and see how they will react before putting to the cart! The National Drive is for regular folks who like to drive equines of all sizes, mini to draft, horse, donkey and mule. It's just a great relaxed time to get out and drive!

I wish I could make this years - even if I was just ground driving mine all around, but do already have plans to go next year. Have fun to those that are going and someone needs to share pics later!

Latest posts

Back