Name 1 thing that LB Forum has helped YOU to become

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my minis from the Lil Beginnings sale board and anything I know about them I learned here. I had been a frequent visitor but the first time I actually posted was when my first little guy colicked. I had been through it with my big horse but everything I knew flew right out the window when I saw him in pain. The members of LB responded immediately to my cry for help and I'll never forget how grateful I was for their response.

I live a pretty solitary lifestyle and I come here for company. I've seen the best and the worst in people. I've seen the inner strength of Charlotte who was so willing to share her grief and their love with us from day to day as her life so dramatically changed and I saw someone who was continually thinking of others during that time. I've seen how as a group we can get results in what appeared to be a hopeless situation for horses who needed help. I've been there when people were willing to help me get them home and with one I was unable to keep. I've seen how someone was willing to make a visit to a nursing home to grant a wish to an elderly stranger. I've also seen how we can rip another person to shreds just because we don't agree with their opinion. I've seen how we can make another person's day brighter and maybe put a smile on their face or reduce them to tears of hurt and frustration.

Thank you Mary Lou and all of you who are responsible for bringing us together. As I said, I come here for company. Without Lil Beginnings my life would be a lonelier place.

Foaling hints, tips and tricks are the main things that I have learned this year. However, this forum has become such a lifeline for us. If we ever have a question, we come straight here. It is so nice to have such a great forum and I applaud all of those involved in the day to day operations. But a special thank you to Mary Lou for creating such a special place!

More than I ever wanted to know about ulcers and founder...the advice and support thru both were amazing.

I have to say that up until the Uniontown minis I didn't pay much attention to this forum (now I have a slight addiction) :DOH! & I have found new cyber-mini-friends
default_yes.gif
...I mean just HOW AWESOME is that!
default_aktion033.gif
OMG ALL the info that I am putting in my brain I sometimes feel on overload.
default_new_shocked.gif
I have learned how a herd of rescue minis could draw people together & also tear us apart.
default_no.gif
MMMMM....AND I have learned to be a little more tolerant of people and THEIR opinons
default_yes.gif
(It IS still a free country) AND MOST of ALL I have learned to CARE for my little horses even better because of all the GREAT info that everyone is willing to share on this wonderful forum
default_aktion033.gif
Oh Yeah...did I mention that I think Mary Lou is the BEST?
default_thumbup.gif
AND ONE last thing....MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Russ,

This is such an outstanding topic!!!

I've been thinking on this since I first saw the thread yesterday. It's hard for me to separate out what I've learned this year compared to just what I have learned and gained since joining so many years ago.

Over the time I have "been here", I have learned so much. I've learned different things I like about conformation and type. I've learned some about color and paterns. I've learned things that have helped tweak my feed and supplement program. So many of the crutial things that go into being a good horsewoman have either been from things I've learned on the forum or from friends I've made because of the forum.

This place is unlike any other I know of online. It's an outstanding resource for grounds up information. You can get specialized information about things happening to one of your horss that may have happened to another member's. It's also a place where you can make friends and shoot the breeze. It's really like my water cooler on days I'm at the office. This is a place that has brought me in touch with some people that mean very much to me and have made very real differences in my horsey life
default_wub.png

Jill

I am new to the forum, a member only a couple months.

I love how everyone is so helpful to us. You can post any question silly or not and you will get lots of answers.

I love that people are so kind to help with rotating avatars- Jill
default_biggrin.png

I love that people are so kind to help with making collages- Reble and Eagles Ring Farm
default_biggrin.png

Thanks MaryLou for letting us come together and have these relationships online.

I love coming on to see whats up for the day...

I am addicted and cant stay off LB...

Merry Christmas to all...

I have been in Minis almost 20 years and equines about 65 years and am always learning.When I stop learning I will be dead.My experience with this board has shown me how much people REALLY DO CARE about these small equines.I learned dthis when the Uniontown,KS situation came to light. It really renewed my faith in the basic goodness of people towards animals.I would not have been as aware of this and Chances Mini Horse Rescue without the FORUM and Mary Lou. I am totally addicted to the Forum and Saleboard.

A very good topic Russ!!

For one, LB over the past 4-5 years has seriously broadened my circle of friends! I've met people I would have never met without this board! I've learned that my way isn't the only way (but it should be
default_biggrin.png
just kiddin!). It's also helped me become a better mentor to those just starting out on this wonderful adventure!

And without that saleboard, we'd all have a harder time selling and shopping for horses!
default_aktion033.gif

Hum...........gain knowledge and addiction to ponys.........hum........where will I find my next one.

First, I will thank Rebel for telling me about "the Forum" so I could join
default_yes.gif

For a few months my computer was sick and I could not get on the site. I went crazy, worrying about all the "good stuff" I was missing.

This is an amazing place to get information for our little horses...I have been around horses for 60 years and minis for 16 but almost every day it seems there's another situation that you haven't run into before.

I couldn't name one great thing I have learned because there have been several great things that have made my horses a healthier and happier group.

My latest discovery and due to LB, is my purchase of the Barracuda Hoof nippers.

These hoof nippers should make a lot of farriers who need the jobs to make a living, a little nervous
default_yes.gif

I think with a little practice, everyone owning horses should be able to trim their horses themselves, as long as in the early days of learning to trim, they bring in an expert to critique the job.

Also, would like to thank Russ for the topic and the opportunity to thank Mary Lou for this place to learn.

i've only been here about a year and the biggest thing i learned was how much i wish i had been on a lot sooner... there are so many wonderful people here and so much good advice, that i may not have suffered the losses i did early on with my little ones if i had been able to ask questions here. this forum has definitely verified my feelings that sharing our stories of loss and our mistakes would be worth the pain of reliving and retelling if it helps another to avoid the same loss and mistake...

and if not for the forum i don't know if i would have ever discovered photobucket either!

i have made some wonderful friends here, especially on the donkey forum, and i am very thankful to Mary Lou for making that possible.

and last and most important, it was through LilBeginnings that i met Bonnie Fogg and Marty... Bonnie's help with my animals has been invaluable
default_wub.png
and Marty you have touched my heart so deep i can't even begin to describe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I learned how to look at my herd better.
default_saludando.gif

Thanks to everyone that was nice and supportive of me!!!

I am very new to mini's. I have had big horses for quite awhile, but I have learned so much about mini's from this forum. I too am addicted to it, and I don't go a day without checking out what is going on here! My husband thinks I have lost my mind because when I am on here I am usually either laughing out loud or crying my eyes out! I love this place!

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I also wish you a Safe and Happy New Year!

(edited for typos!)

I can't think of just one thing I have learned this year because this forum is so full of information and I try to print out everything I think will be usefull in the future. I have quite a notebook after all of the years I've been coming here.

Thanks Mary Lou and the moderators for giving us this wonderful forum and thanks Russ for starting this topic.

Because of the L'il beginnings youth essay contest, I now own my very own mini!
default_wub.png
(Thanks Belinda!)

Also, I have met new friends, and learned a LOT about these tiny equines.

Thanks to everyone who helps run this wonderful site!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Wonderful topic Russ!
default_aktion033.gif
I can safely say that I don't think there is a single person who hasn't learned SOMETHING from this forum.
default_yes.gif

I am also one of the "old-timers"....have had horses my entire life, have been raising minis for 20 years, and have been a member here since almost the beginning. When you get to be my age, you tend to be "set in your ways".
default_rolleyes.gif
You get used to doing things a certain way, and think your way is best. The most valuable thing I've learned from my involvement here, is there is ALWAYS something new to learn, and to always keep an open mind. I have found in some instances, that there ARE ways that work better than mine! :DOH! Who woulda thunk!

I'm also of the school of thought, that your life is in a constant state of "learning" until the day you die.
default_wink.png
And what better place to do that, than here on the LB Forum? THANKS Mary Lou. You must be so proud that you have created something that has affected so many lives in a positive way all over the world!
default_aktion033.gif

I think the thing about my treasured minis I was most appreciative of on the forum this year was the Dwarf Forum that was created so we all could learn more about dwarfism from John Eberth. I have picked his brain for several years now about it, but having it in that form made it possible for others to also ask questions and cover more aspects and information. And I hope more and more people will come forward and contribute (if they can even a little bit) to John's research, and speed up his progress in finally develping a test for it.

In another way, the Forum helped me to overcome my fears at times of voicing my opinion when it is on a controversial topic, as I really do not deal well with conflict.

But I found out I was strong enough to stand up for (And I truly do try to do it in a kind and respectful manner) things I believe in and people I believe in, even when it goes against the popular opinion on a public forum.

Thanks!

Susan O.

Latest posts

Back