Name 1 thing that LB Forum has helped YOU to become

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
I thought a nice 2007 Christmas/ New Year's present would be to share and to show appreciation to this forum.

Lil Beginnings/Mary Lou, all the mods and forum helpers, all the forum members and readers that help by sharing knowledge to help us each be better horse/pony owners.

No knowledge is to small, it is all worthy of mentioning..... we all learn something...we all contribute something even if it's not posted and we just share something we learned here on the forum with another horse/pony friend in our own area. There are tons of things learned here everyday/all year long so this will be neat to see how this forum uniquely helps each of us and people from all over the globe.
default_yes.gif

Join me in sharing the 1 thing that helped YOU in 2007 be a better horse/pony owner because of this LB Forum......

****For me, this year it has been all the knowledge I learned about ulcers. It helped my vet, myself and my horse. I THANK YOU, everyone here on the forum for this knowledge.******

THANK YOU LB!!

I learned ATON of stuff. I liked meeting new people. But what I learned about the most was

*** Showing! showing has changed my life. People gave taught me a lot. Especially everyones tricks to win!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wink.png

Oh yea. One last thing: conformation.

The Forum is ALWAYS teaching me... I have been on here almost 10 years. And that is a wonderful thing. I don't care if the same questions comes up time and time again. Because a lot of time I do learn a new answer or way of doing things. And I always try and remember that I asked that SAME question my self once upon a time. And I remember who answered me kindly.

The ONE thing that LB taught me this year is to look at all horses closely for hints of dwarfism. Not to panic, but to do everything I can to be informed when I pair up my horses. I am grateful for that. And someday,,, goodness forbid if I get a special little baby I will be one here asking questions about it!!

I'd have to say over the years for me it's what to look for in conformation and movement ~

what combinations and crosses in breeding are working for me, and what are not, or will not.

I have had to change my breeding program all around and turn it inside out for the better.

Mostly, I always remain open for new ideas and suggestions on just about everything.

Good idea! I'm still a baby when it comes to this board. I don't post much, but I have been reading them for about a year now. Not only did I find my driving Mini on the sale board, but I have found a couple people who are semi-close to me! (I live in the middle of nowhere, so no one is really close!)
default_smile.png
I have learned numerous things from these boards. Feeding, care, training, driving... the list is endless and no one thing is more important than another. These boards and this site have been a life saver for my 2 boys and me. Thank you for everything. I learn something new every visit. I especially love the fact that no one on these boards ever 'flames' anyone! It's such a great community!

Thanks!!

default_wub.png

Sorry could not just name one
default_wink.png

I have learned how to undue hip lock in foaling.

How to do collages and editing photos, thanks to Lucky-C-Acres- Firefall, etc.

Charlene has taught me, a lot through her loss of Gary. (Especially being here for our forum family)

I really appreciate this forum and all the great people who run and moniter it!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I have learned so much from this forum that it's hard to pick just one area. This year I'd have to say it was genetics, mostly color and dwarfism. What I love about the forum the most is that it brings us all together....whether you live in Oregon
default_biggrin.png
or New Zealand this is the place where boundries disappear.
default_saludando.gif

I've learned alot reading these forums. I think the one thing I've learned the most is to keep an open mind and try to absorb different peoples perspectives on things to help form your own.

Cathy

Whoa- this is tough.

I've learned to broaden by perspective

to appreciate and be proud of what I have accomplished and learned

to share that knowledge with others

and so many ideas to make everyday a little bit better and easier.

THANK YOU LB, MARY LOU, MODERATORS, AND MEMBERS. It's been a truely awesome expirience
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

First want to thank Mary Lou for this great forum. I can not name one thing but have learned about showing, bloodlines, training and different farms and people. Thanks everyone.
default_biggrin.png

Well, I am another one that has learned from the forum and this is also the place where I "met" a lot of nice people. But one thing stands out for 2007:

I asked for forum members' experiences breeding 2 year old stallions, and after reading those responses - and against the advice of the breeder who sold us the stallion - I decided to go ahead and breed him to one of our mares. He settled her easily and did not turn into a monster! (He was pretty laid back to start with). As a matter of fact, he not only did well showing in halter after his "experience" he also did well in halter obstacle! And so we are anxiously awaiting our first home bred mini in 2008, thanks to all those who responded!

OK, have to add another one I just learned last week on the forum: That the Wee Foal (urine) pregnancy tests can confirm the pregnancy and won't give a false result if the mare is having a false pregnancy!

How to milk a mare with 60 cc sryinge!! It saved a foals life
default_yes.gif

Plus so much more!!! Happy holdays to all

Okay im going to try to not get all emotional
default_wub.png

I always say i pretty much grew up on lilbeginnings, everything i learned and know today that i didnt know 3 or 4 years ago ..is because of so many here on lilbeginnings. Everything from how to fit a show halter, to handing a halter horse, horse nutrition, training all the way up to non horsie life lessons on the back porch and making some friends along the way i talk to regularly off the forum.

I really cannot choose just one thing from the past year, its just all stored away somewhere in the back of my brain until one day i need to put it to use lol.

I'll think about this and maybe narrow it down to ONE thing that i learned here and am very grateful to have learned. It may take a while .....

Being new to minis, I have learned too much to list. I now know that there is so many different ways to do things, there is no one set of rules. Everybody does what works for them. I learned how passionate people are for their horses. I can now keep on open mind, and find the answers I need. Through our mutual love for these "money suckers", we can all come together for the sake of them. When a forum member has a tradgy, it is heart warming how everyone stands by their side to comfort, reflecting the true spirit of why we are members. This forum knows no age, sex or status, making us all equal.

Kelly

My response is not a single thing and it is not limited to this year. I can say that LB has not only made me a better horseperson, but a better human being.

Since discovering this forum in 2002, I have met so many truly wonderful people who have been incredibly generous and deeply caring...people who have become incredible friends, both in the cyberworld and in person.

I've learned lessons that I daresay some still need to internalize...

Comments made in print can come across in such a way that truly wonderful, kind people can be seen in a totally incorrect light.

Words from kind people can unintentionally hurt others, and over-reactions verging on the hysterical only serve to aggravate a situation.

Over the years I have seen good people tarred and feathered, and still others who have left the forum over hurt feelings, and along with their leaving go their kindness and shared wisdom.

I see people react in ways I know they never would if they knew these folks in person...and I hurt for all involved. People who come across as harsh or even cruel because their words in print lack the nuance of facial expressions or because they do not see the response to their statements.

We all share the bond of the love we have for our horses and other animals. Some of us have quick wits and often biting senses of humor, others are easily hurt by the mildest of words. Each of us needs to consider how others react to what we say.

I say this as one who has been guilty, as one whose words have been misconstrued and misinterpreted by some.

I look at disagreements I have had with people such as Jiill and Shirley (Triggy&Blue) and others, and I think of how my life would suffer without each of them. I look at those who make me laugh at myself, and who have made me take a good, hard look at myself and thus made me a better person.

Take another look...consider how others react to your words, and on the other hand, don't take yourself quite so seriously.

This is such a special place. Treasure it, and treasure all those you meet here, not in the least those with whom you have differences of opinion and approaches to life.

ALWAYS LEARNING! That is one thing this Forum shows is that there is always something new to learn!

The biggie for me was a few years ago, in regard to "Red Bag Births" (Previa Placentas) and how to handle it. We were able to save a foal because I had just read a post about it only days before........

I've learned some things about medications, especially about ulcers.........and some things about human nature.

Leaning can sometimes be painful, but it's always necessary to life.

Blessings to All this Christmas.

MA

I too have learned so many things about miniature horses that I can't even begin to list them. I've also learned a lot about people and have met some lifelong friends along the way.

To MaryLou, I say you must be a saint to put up with us sometimes! But you always seem to stay cool and calm while the rest of us are razing the roof!
default_wacko.png
I don't know how you do it. I really don't.

But, there are a few things that really stick out in my mind when I think of what I have learned/gained from being allowed to be a part of this family. One is the education of dwarfism, what to look for, what not to overreact to, and how to better pair my horses for future breedings.

The other thing that I will ALWAYS remember when I think of this board and be FOREVER THANKFUL is that I came across Charlotte of Reflections at just the right time. I believed then and still believe now that she is THE REASON my filly, Mira, was born alive with a shot at making it! Had I not posted about the trouble I was having with my pregnant mare, and Charlotte hadn't taken the time out of her own busy foaling season to reach out to me and offer her years of experience on the matter, little Mira wouldn't have been born alive. I know she wouldn't have. And now because of Charlotte I have a beautiful, healty little filly that is just perfect in every way!
default_wub.png
In addition to being the light of our lives, she brought us home a Top Ten at Nationals this year in quite a good weanling filly class!

So Charlotte, here's to you!
default_cheers.gif

And all the blessings and good wishes the holiday brings to all that make this board possible!

Good topic Russ - I can honestly say, that I learned my family was A LOT larger than I thought it was. There are no ends to the resources, support and knowledge that are offered by the hundreds of members here!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday season and a prosperous New Year!

Thank You so much for this LB board. ML your a saint to put up with us.
default_wub.png
I have learned so much form this board, over the years, and I still have so much to learn. I dont think we ever stop learning. I have also learned alot about people in general. I have made some really close friends thru LB.

[SIZE=14pt]MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, and have a safe and happy holiday season. [/SIZE]

Back