My girls did it!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeCFarm

Reaction score
Our little homebred filly, 3C Incognitos Easter Lily (the one people said looked like the Easter bunny at birth), entered the show ring 3 times at the Central Championship show and placed no lower than Reserve Champion each time!!! Lily is only 4 1/2 months old and here are her results:

Champion Weanling Filly 26" and Under

Reserve Champion Mare and Current Year Foal with her dam, Jandts Cheeri Deeri

Reserve Champion AOTE Jr Mare, Level 1

Here's Lily:

LilyLittleHouse2June2010small.jpg

I have to thank Charlotte of Reflections for suggesting we enter Mare and Current Year Foal, as I had no intention of doing that class. It was such a last minute idea that I had to scramble to find a handler (thanks Cammie!!!) and I didn't even have time to body clip the mare. I clipped the long hair off the back of her legs, gave her a bridle path and clipped her muzzle and inside her ears. Jandts Cheeri Deeri (aka Dinah) is 15 years old and this was her very first show. She didn't understand the concept of whoa during the class, and was truly in pasture condition, but I'm proud of my "old" mare anyway! Dinah only came along as I hadn't weaned Lily yet. Little did she know what was in store for her when we left home, LOL.
default_laugh.png

Here's a picture of Dinah taken back in 2006:

DinahCollageJuly06medium-1.jpg

Now we're debating on whether or not to take the pair to World for the same classes...

WOW!!!!! Congratulations!!! I do like that filly a lot, and it seems so do others.

Not sure my opinion is worth much, but let me be the first to say, TAKE THE PAIR TO WORLD!! I really don't think you'll be sorry.

Very nice!!

Those two looked SUPER! That little filly is a gem! Definitely take them to World!
default_yes.gif

I was sitting with Cathy & Kelli from Starlane minis right nx to you and all I can say is BOTH your mare and little Lilly are beautiful!

I saw your filly's class and she is gorgeous and showed very well. I didn't catch the mare & foal class, but from the photos I think your mare is a "10"! Take them to worlds. ;)

TAKE . THEM . TO . WORLD! That mare and foal are just too nice not to take them all the way.

Charlotte

oh, so good for Dinah. and the little one ...hope you do come to Worlds, woulde love to see her again!

WOW! Congratulations on such a wonderful accomplishment.......especially doing it all yourself!

Pam C.

Minie812, you should have introduced yourself, I didn't know you were on the Forum! Cathy and Kelli seem like very nice people, and their win with Guapo was very well deserved!

Thanks for the compliments on our "girls." I'd love to take them to World, but we're discussing it. It is a matter of money and my self doubt, LOL. In the end, we'll probably go, but no guarantees. We intended our show season to end at the Central Championship show, so World wasn't even budgeted in. Going to World with Lily and Dinah just seems so much scarier than doing the Championship show, LOL!
default_rolleyes.gif
I'd hate for them to bomb just because I make a stupid mistake! I'm so much more confident in driving than halter...

I was the one talking to you about your possible transfer to N.Y. with your hubby and told you I hope you stay in OK..the ole lady with the red camera bag...lol

Ah...a face to go with the name now, thank you! I thought that must have been you!

VERY nice Mare and foal! I would take them if I were you...if you are going anyways you aren't gonna be out anything, and you'd give the competition a run for their money!

Congratulations, Steph, your little one is so precious! Yes, indeed, take them to World.

I am very proud of my Top Ten the one time I entered that class, and you will be too.

Rita

Latest posts

Back