My dog needs a bath

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
I can't remember for sure how long I need to wait after applying Frontline, before I can give Princess a bath. I'm hoping someone here knows? I put the stuff on her Saturday, would I be ok to give her a bath on Tuesday, or should I wait a little while longer? She smells bad, so she needs one, but I don't want to mess up the Frontline
default_wacko.png
:

Thanks in advance!

I believe Frontline is similar to advantage for water and bathing, If you put it on her on saturday, to be on the safe side I would wait until this saturday. To our clients we always reccomend giving a bath and drying thouroughly before putting advantage or any topical insectacide on, just because you do have to wait a while for it to absorb into the skin. Thats why I use revolution, its water proof and on a lab thats a must have lol!

I am going to check for sure tmrw....

Cheers

Masako

Frontline is waterproof.... once it is dry, has worked into the skin and the translocation has begun - you can bathe the dog or let him go swimming. Waiting 24 hours should do it. You could always wait 2 days to make sure - but no need to wait any longer than that!

If a dog is bathed first, yes - he must be thoroughly dried before the Frontline is applied...

Just asked my vet a few weeks ago before I applied it. You should not give a bath 24 hours prior to putting it on nor give a bath 24 hours after putting it on.

I complained to my vet's office about Frontline not working once this year. I was told that all the liquid flea products work with the oil in the hair, so not to give a bath 3 days before, or 3 days after to make sure it was as effective as it should be. Probably ask 3 vets, get 3 answers!

Thanks y'all. I'd heard at least 3 days before, but wasn't sure on the after part. She's allergic to fleas and the last dose of Frontline wore off sooner than I'd expected. I wanted to make the Frontline a priority, rather than the bath. If we have a quiet 5 minutes tomorrow, I might get her smelling good again.

From the FAQs on the Frontline website.... read them here.

2. How do FRONTLINE Top Spot and FRONTLINE Plus spread over a pet's body? How long does this take? FRONTLINE Top Spot and Plus spread over the pet's body by a process called translocation. When applied, these products are gradually dispersed by the pet's natural oils, collecting in the oil glands in the skin. It is then "wicked" onto the hair over the next 30 days. The translocation process can take up to 24 hours to complete.

8. How long after application can my pet be bathed or go swimming?

FRONTLINE Brand Products remain effective for 30 days, even if a pet swims or is bathed. After application, keep the dog or cat from getting wet until the application area appears dry, usually 24 hours. If a FRONTLINE Brand Product is to be applied after a bath, make sure the pet is completely dry before application.

Latest posts

Back