My Daughter Was In the Holocaust Museum Yesterday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indy's mom

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you saw on the news all day yesterday the shooting that happened at the Holocaust Museum in Washington(?)

My 14 yr old daughter, Alicia, was there on a school trip! Her group had just walked through the lobby 10 minutes earlier! From there they went down one floor for a short instructional meeting. They had just finished and were about to get on the elevators to go back upstairs to start their tour when they heard the gun shots!

The poor kids were freaking out but the guards quickly rushed in and got them all to safety! Thank God!!!!

My daughter called me 5 minutes before it hit the news to let me know they were ok! Again, thank God! If I had ever seen the news first I probably would have had a heart attack!

The kids were quite shaken up but after a night at a baseball game they were all feeling better. I'm afraid it will really sink in when they get back home tomorrow night! Surely the media will be at the school for their arrival!

Alicia asked me, "has there been any more on the news?" They have no idea how bad it really was!

We are SO lucky that the hateful, psycho, worthless, loser didn't have an automatic weapon instead of a rifle or he surely would have taken out ALL the guards and gotten in! His family said he always said he would take innocent people with him!

I hope the school will do something for the family of the guard that gave his life protecting our children! Letters and/or sympathy cards at least! I know my family will be sending some! I think the other guards on duty should also get letters of thanks! They are hero's!

Why is there so much hate in the world!!?? Why can't people wake up and be thankful for what they have!!??

This COULD have been SO much worse......Thank God it wasn't!!!!!

Can't wait to hug Alicia tomorrow night!!! I'm counting the minutes!!!!!!

Tammy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank Goodness she is okay!!
default_new_shocked.gif
What a crazy world we live in
default_wacko.png
. That is enough to make your heart skip several beats...

Bless her heart for calling you to let you know she was ok before it hit the news. She sounds like a very thoughtful young lady.

Wow, that would be scary! I'm so glad that your daughter was out of harm's way and didn't have to be an eye witness to this tragedy.

God Bless the Guard that stopped the Hateful Lunatic...... What a wake up call for you, your daughter, and many others.

I do not understand people who have so much hate in them......They have no honor or respect for Life. I suspect he was also an abuser of animals. Hopefully he never had any children.

Just looking at his picture in the news makes me cringe.

That's so scary! I'm glad she is ok.

I had actually called my stepfather as soon as I saw it come across as breaking news. He works two blocks away and likes to go to the museums sometimes at lunch. He answered the phone saying "I'm ok". He already knew what I was calling for.

They mentioned the guard saw an elderly man coming and was being kind and opened the door for him. Who would have thought someone of that age would do something that horrible. You just never know.

Kim

WOW!! How scarey!!! Thank God she was OK!! That was such a senseless hate-filled act of violence! I just cannot, for the life of me, even begin to imagine the hate that a person like has their heart filled with!
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back