Too much drama wilted me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Can't stop now (formerly Dragons Wish Farm)
Reaction score
Let me start this topic by saying that I'm grateful God gave me ENOUGH during all this. ENOUGH faith, ENOUGH patience and kindness, ENOUGH strength to hold my tongue. ENOUGH peace that I looked unbothered--most of the time. If you say prayers, ask God for what everyone else needs. For myself I'm just saying "Thanks".

Last Wednesday I bought the new mini. See "My secret" thread on main forum.

Saturday my husband's mother (in El Salvador) went to the clinic, was sent home later that day with instructions to not be left alone. Sunday she was found--alone--dead in her kitchen. My husband isn't an easy personality, he kept making two demands: "why was she alone" and "are you sure she's not/wasn't/isn't breathing". He paid cash for her funeral and to transport her and the family to a neutral part of El Salvador for the funeral and burial. The way I understand it, funerals in San Salvador (the capital and where they live) are INVARIABLY crashed by gangs who defile and rob the corpse and all attending mourners. Sometimes people are kidnapped and held for ransom as well.

Monday, my second grandson was born with my daughters' fiance's family in attendance. When Taylor's mother posted the news of her grandson's arrival to Facebook she also mentioned her very close friend had been murdered on Sunday. So mixed feelings for that family as well.

A young family we know had an emergency Tuesday and I had to take care of their little girl from 9-9. She was so good! She didn't cry, not even one time, until her mom walked through the door at the end of the night.

I don't feel stressed or tired while these types of things are going on. I just deal with them as kindly as I can. Then, like today, I just crash. I'll be sitting comfortably doing something, then wake up several hours later when drool drips into my cleavage. Fortunately it's not much cleavage so it's easy to clean up. Spent the whole day distracted, leaving things behind, spacing out when I stopped moving. I even found 4 non-emergency phone messages and a half-dozen text messages late this afternoon, the majority of which were from YESTERDAY afternoon. I could have sworn they weren't in my in-boxes before 6 this evening... :-/

So prayers for the family are appreciated. I'll keep my rose-colored glasses on.....'cause I look too chic in them.....my shawl of faith draped around me, and the gift of nature's peace in the cycles of life that God gave me with the new mini.

Blessings too on each of you who read this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julie ,

I am hoping and praying that things pick up for you soon. You are a strong person and you will use that strength to help you thru this terrible time.

Stay strong my friend & sending you many (((HUGS))) from Australia
default_yes.gif

default_new_shocked.gif
WEll, I guess I had reason to feel WORRIED!!!

Congrats on the safe birth of your grandson. Steady on in dealing with the death of your MIL... Can only send prayers that the funeral goes ok.

Take care!!
default_new_multi.gif

Thinking of you, sending prayers for strength to get through it all. When it rains it pours, but after the storm beautiful things come. Hugs!

And yes, congrats on the grandson!

So eloquently spoken, and I handle stress the SAME way. It builds and builds and builds until I crash. Prayers... you need 'em!

As an update, here are a few photos. The prayers are helping tremendously. Please continue to say them for my husband Gonzalo. He is depressed, skin is pallid grey, and he's complaining of various pain. Not like him AT ALL so he needs prayers to heal his spirit. Then the rest will fall in line.

Here is Daniel, the new grandson.

IMG_174673907416826.jpeg

My daughter, her fiance and big brother Chris. He thinks babies eat gummy bears!! LOL

IMG_537376042777596.jpeg

Another of a sleepy baby

IMG_174650810178921.jpeg

You can see pictures of Little Tree--barn name Spanky--on the main forum. Thanks again y'all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel is adorable!!! Thanks for sharing. Been thinking of you, and won't stop
default_yes.gif

What a gorgeous little grandson! Sending prayers and hugs to you all.

Thank you all for the prayers. This last week has been another set of challenges. The TN grandmother had to have hernia surgery. As I understand it wasn't a planned surgery, so Laurie needs healing prayers.

I was last out to Paula's last Saturday......GAAAAAHH!!! My husband had to work Sunday which is normally his day off. I took his place helping a couple folks get moved.

Monday I was ill, terrible cramps in arms and legs. Tuesday to urgent care, they said very dehydrated and recommended electrolytes and no outside 11-4. Yesterday had to go to ER from work, got referred to neurologist for speech disturbance follow-up after they ruled out a stroke.

I work (3 days per week is all we're open) at a food pantry/thrift store sponsored by the New South River Baptist Association. One of our regular customers asked how things were since she was in yesterday when I got sent out. During our conversation I told her I thought the devil would have given up pestering me by now, as he couldn't shake my faith. She replied that many folks didn't have more faith during trying times, but less when they started asking "why me". What popped out of my mouth before I thought about it was "maybe that's why God let's him pester me more...so those people with a weakness of faith won't have that distraction."

My point to this isn't to build myself up, because I'm truly astonished that God does the things for me He does, in spite of the fact that I'm a pitiful example of a successful adult and Christian. Every once in a while though, the Spirit will move me to say something like the above and it will prompt someone to look at things that are going on in their lives a bit differently. The customer mentioned above that she was going to be a little more patient with her daughter-in-law. Nothing more was said, I just know that a comment I made in passing rippled out to affect quite a few people.

So, even though my Lupus is more challenging now, I still can be understood enough to offer my little bits of testimony to God's unconditional love. For THAT....I am truly thankful.

Latest posts

Back