Motel for the AMHA World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kari

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm uncertain as to where to stay when I'm in Fort Worth for the AMHA World Show this fall. If anyone knows of a motel both near the grounds (within a mile or two) and with reasonable rates, please give me the name and phone number!
default_smile.png

Thanks so much,

Kari

Oh yeah!!! And for those of you who were helping me decide if Gracie was bred or not, she wasn't.
default_sad.png
But -- she's already been bred to Cowboy again, so she may be now! We'll know in a few weeks. I apologize for not saying something sooner, it all happened in a whirlwind.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are quite a few motels along I 30 and down University within about 5 miles of the showgrounds, some newer/nicer and some older but cheaper ones. We have stayed a lot at the La Quinta on I30 at Cherry Lane, reasonable w/ free breakfast (and next door to an IHOP). It was looking last year like it really needs some renovation though. Across the highway is Green Oaks (old and tired LOL) and what I think is now a Comfort Inn. Springhill Suites on I 30 - newer, kind of pricey. There is a Marriott Courtyard down University, and several more that direction.

Jan

DO NOT stay at green oaks. we stayed there and it was horrible!! Dirty and nasty ewwwwww

Fantastic! Thanks for the tips.

Any more?
default_smile.png

Kari

Kay, I'm sure you are right about Green Oaks. We used to stay there regularly - lots of great trailer parking - but it was declining even then.

Jan

We always stay at the Homestead Studio Suites, very close to the show and food, great price, free wireless internet, pets allowed.

We get the deluxe which has a queen bed and hide a bed along with a little kitchen.

http://www.homesteadhotels.com The one we stay at is the Fort Worth Medical Center location.

Having the kitchen is nice, we can fix our own food and save a good bit of money that way. Also very close to Panera and other nice places to eat.

Last October for the World Show we stayed at the Green Oaks as always. We were told that it was the last time because the tired old lady was going under the wrecking ball on December 1 to make way for an office building complex. I haven't been back since to confirm this.

I agree with Al in that I heard the Green Oaks was/is being torn down.

We've stayed at a Super 8 Motel the last couple of years located at I 30 and Cherry Lane. Nothing fancy, but clean.

Okay, I got a room at Fairfield Inn (FYi, if you reserve online you'll get a good rate). It's on University DR, which I'm told is very close.
default_biggrin.png

Kari

Kari.......we'll be on Cowboy foal watch together next spring!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Sofie is over there being rebred right now.

Hey Kari, Good choice and really close.. I havent stayed there but know people that have.. I norm stay at the apartments. Im actually at WILL ROGERS right now for a week at tha Arabian Region 9 Show.

Chandler, could you send me the info on the apartments you stay at, as I would like to look into that as an option.

Thanks!

We just called off an ad in the new miniature horse world. $186/night for a two bedroom apartment with a hide a bed. Washer/dryer and in walking distance of Will Rogers.

We normally stay in the Homestead suites which is 84.99/night for 1 queen 1 hide a bed or two double beds, kitchenette, pretty close too. We may go with an apartment if we can get enough people to share.

Are the trains an issue at Homestead like they used to be at the old Ramada? I think it's back other side of the rr tracks if I remember right. We've stayed at the Ramada years past when you couldn't sleep all night if you were on the back side of the motel - it sounded like they stopped the train right there and spent the entire night going back and forth, clanking, groaning.......awful!

Jan

No, it is quiet there, and they allow dogs.
default_biggrin.png

Hi, I am coming from Germany.

When should I book the room? 1 month before or earlier??

Does anybody know the The Cattle Baron's Quality Inn Hotel & Suites?

Last edited by a moderator:
Book your room now!! If your plans change, you can always cancel. Things fill up really quickly (at least the Residence Inn where we usually stay does - I booked it months ago), so it's best to make a reservation early.

Back