Modifying/ figuring out how my harness works

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@1roadtoad sorry, I didn't specify. I mean you CAN spend $4000 on just the harness. I understand there's very fine show harness that will run up there no problem, and show vehicles too. But no, that I mean is I spent $1400 on custom harness - I think that's a pretty reasonable price for the quality of it. And I get biothane as leather can break. And $2600 for the vehicle. That's Canadian pricing.

@1roadtoad sorry, I didn't specify. I mean you CAN spend $4000 on just the harness. I understand there's very fine show harness that will run up there no problem, and show vehicles too. But no, that I mean is I spent $1400 on custom harness - I think that's a pretty reasonable price for the quality of it. And I get biothane as leather can break. And $2600 for the vehicle. That's Canadian pricing.
Thanks for the clarification. I figured that price was top of the line. In the future, if I really get into driving and feel confident/competent doing so, I can see investing in custom harnesses, however, I am just learning to drive and don't even know if I'll be any good at it. I never even thought about driving until I got my second new mini in May and he happens to know how to drive already. I wish he could teach me to drive! Anyway, I wanted to get new equipment that would be safe and last a while until I figure things out. In the spring, I hope to get an easy entry cart (or two) of some sort, not top of the line, but something safe and well built. I typically research most products extensively before I buy them, however, I can't find a lot of information on driving equipment that gives unbiased reviews, so I will continue to read this thread to learn all that I can. Thanks

The rule of thumb is to buy the best quality you can afford right off the hop. And I understand why. If you've done so, then congratulations! You're doing things just right!

Latest posts

Back