Missy **COLT** 5/5 , Joint ill - Keep him in your prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love Chant is still keeping me guessing. Her udder was smaller yesterday. She once again, did not set the pager off last night and from the looks of her, she didn't look like she laid down last night. No shavings on her. But, her udder still is not what I would call ready today. So, I'm still waiting. And for what it's worth, I hope she doesn't set the pager off until she is down and pushing!
default_smile.png

I'm guardedly optimistic, but in the last hour and a half, Love Chant's udder has gone from ho hum to getting impressive. I'm amazed how it's changed in such a short period of time!

I'll update again before I go to bed tonight. Maybe a baby tonight after all!

Woo Hoo! Hoping Love Chant foals tonight! And maybe she won't set the pager off again so you can get some sleep. :)

I don't know if she'll foal tonight or not, but her udder has gotten bigger. Not the hardest, tightest udder I've seen but that can change quickly, too. I've put hay down over the shavings in her stall. Probably jinxed it!

Heading to bed. Hope I have a new foal to show in the morning!

No foal last night, but her udder is completely full and flat on the bottom. It just needs to get tighter. Hope that's today!

If it goes down today, I'm going to shoot her! LOL

Charlotte, you're not the only one getting tired of waiting! The bags under my eyes are getting bigger by the day!

Yes, Diane, once she foals, I am sure I will feel really bad about making threats!
default_yes.gif

Now I realize the real purpose of this chat forum. Those of us that are DONE need to come on and support the ones still waiting. Because I sure understand the pain, the frustration, the sleepless nights, the uncertainty, the worry about things going wrong,and all the rest of it... And as I just posted on Sandy's thread, your sense of time gets all out of whack. But even as tired as we are this week (and we are in our 60's), with 2 minis in the hospital, losing the brakes on the truck on the way to the hospital, we still managed to be out in the barn at 5 AM yesterday for the birth of that final 2012 foal. That's the sure cure for what ails you!! Soon I hope for you....

Ah, Mary, you've had quite the foaling season! More intense than most of us would like, but getting live, healthy foals is the main thing. One thing I have learned in all my years foaling out miniature mares, is to never expect them to do anything you think they will! Or should!! They will always do the unexpected. At least one of them every season. And this year for me, it's Love Chant.

Most years, I have the Equipage down to a science. Normally, no more than 3 nights in a row with a transmitter on a mare. Not this year! Just Magic wore one for almost 2 weeks and now Love Chant is approaching 2 weeks with one on. That's a lot of sleepless nights!
default_yes.gif

I keep thinking Love Chant must be close to foaling. The past 3 nights, she hasn't set the pager off once. That must mean close, right???

I do have Missy coming along, too. She is at 323 days today, but from her udder, she looks like she is going to go 330 or so. No transmitter on her yet. Hope she doesn't fool me!

Well no announcement of a new baby after last night, soooooooooooooooooooooo maybe tonight??????????

As usual, I'm still waiting.
default_rolleyes.gif
Love Chant has been acting different today. She's been far more active than she usually is. Could be flies or it could be 1st stage labor. I'll believe the labor part when I see a foal!

No, Diane, none of that. Missy's udder was completely flat before she started bagging up. No abnormal swelling, no fever. It looks like what I'd see if she had mastitis, but there aren't any other symptoms.

Love Chant is looking more like she may be ready to foal tonight. Full, firm udder this afternoon. I will post udder pictures later.

I forgot to take my camera out when I fed, but I have to go back out later and close the barns up some. More thunderstorms expected tonight. I will take my camera this time!

Love Chant udder pics from this morning. The last two. The first two pictures are from tonight. You can see the night pictures show a flatter udder on the bottom. The only thing lacking right now is for her nipples to fill and get firm.

Love Chant 1.jpg

Love Chant 2.jpg

Love Chant 3.jpg

Love Chant 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Chant has a HUGE udder this morning. It looks like she has a basketball between her legs. Maybe she is going to have a daytime foal?

I'll snap a picture when I go back to the barn.

Latest posts

Back