Missy **COLT** 5/5 , Joint ill - Keep him in your prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread for Redrock Just Magic, a 4 yr old maiden mare expecting the first foal of Lucky Four Santa Fe So Impressive. This is my most anticipated foal of the season! A first for both the sire and dam!

Pictured here during her show career is Just Magic 32.75".

6-10JustMagic.jpg

Pictured below is the stallion she is bred to, Supreme Champion, Lucky Four Santa Fe So Impressive 30.25"

11-11SantaFe-3.jpg

Just Magic has been bagging up since around 275 days and she is at 311 days today. I really thought she'd foal by now, but no, she is keeping me guessing.

She is not on Marestare, as my barn camera is too outdated to put online. I will try to update frequently and hopefully, can keep everyone posted as to when I think the big event will be!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is her udder from today. Close, but not quite there. But, I'm staying close by and watching. She is outside during the day, weather permitting, and under camera at night.

JustMagicudder.jpg

Gorgeous mom and dad to be!!! She looks pretty darn close in her udder, just need a bit more filling in her nipples. I am hoping for the very best!

Oh Becky, I'm SO excited for you!!! Both the sire and dam are GORGEOUS!!! Happy dance! Happy dance!!! Can't wait to see this baby for sure.

I can see why you are excited and rightly so! Gorgeous Sire & Dam! Will be checking for updates.

Thanks everyone. I've been waiting for this baby for a LONG time! LOL

Just Magic's udder has looked about like that picture all weekend and I thought for sure it would tighten up and we'd have a baby by now. But no, she's still holding and I'm sitll waiting.
default_smile.png

A big weather system is supposed to move in tonight and tomorrow with the chance of severe weather and lots of rain. I'm wondering if she'll get a move on then? I just hope we don't lose power and I don't lose my camera and Equipage!

wow, they are just stunning
default_drool5.gif
this is going to be one special baby
default_thumbup.gif
Welcome to the nutty nursery
default_yes.gif

Any chance we could have a pic of her side on to see her tummy and a pic of her udder from behind, this will help us get a better idea of how far along she is. What does her hooha look like?

You are going to get a very beautiful baby from those two stunning horses.
default_yes.gif

I wouldn't think that you will have too long to wait for this foal either, but with maiden mares - who know? LOL!!

Thank you for joining us here - sending you good wishes for a smooth foaling and a healthy baby!

Becky, both mare and stallion are beautiful! I can certainly see why you are excited to see this foal! I'll be watching for updates too! I'm not on Marestare either, so I just have to post pictures too. Thanks for sharing!

I'll try to get more pictures of Just Magic. She doesn't appear to be ready to foal tonight, but she shouldn't be far off. At least that's what I keep telling myself!
default_smile.png

She doesn't appear to be ready to foal tonight, but she shouldn't be far off. At least that's what I keep telling myself!
default_smile.png
That is just what I have been telling myself about our two (of the total of 3) mares!!! Your foal should be spectacular from that cross.

I still don't see Just Magic being ready to foal yet, but my last 3 maiden mares fooled me as none had full, tight udders. So, I continue to watch and wait.

The mares are inside today as we are having rain and thunderstorms. Wish the weather would make her get a move on!

Just Magic's udder seemed to have filled a bit more during the day yesterday and was starting to feel a bit firm. She was very cranky yesterday and didn't want her udder touched. She slept a LOT overnight! I'll be going to the barn to feed shortly and will give an updated report when I come in.

Latest posts

Back