Missy **COLT** 5/5 , Joint ill - Keep him in your prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was quite a strange event, but all is well today. The weather has been warm today, but we have a cool down coming, thank goodness. Here's a picture of Marker from this afternoon.

Marker 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, he is adorable
default_smile.png
i love his blaze! What a scary start though, I am so glad all turned out well.

Here are a couple of pictures of Marker from this morning. His sire is Redrock Magic Maker and his dam is Masters Little Miss Marker, so Redrock Magic Marker he is!
default_smile.png

Marker1.jpg

Marker2.jpg

Here are pictures of Redrock Simply Impressive, minimal bay pinto filly and Redrock Storm Warning, loud, blue eyed bay pinto colt. Both of these are the first foals by Supreme Champion, Lucky Four Santa Fe So Impressive. I cant be more pleased!

Impress1.jpg

Impress2.jpg

Storm & Impress.jpg

Storm1.jpg

Storm2.jpg

WOW! You have some gorgeous babies, Becky!! And I love all the color you're getting, too!

Please keep little Marker in your thoughts and prayers. At a week and half of age, he's developed a joint infection. He's on two antibiotics and Equioxx for inflammation. However, he's not running a fever and so far he's still spunky. I'm hopeful the antibiotics will knock this quickly.

Thanks, everyone. Marker is acting bright and alert today. He still has some swelling in his left hock. The right one has improved. He really HATES me now! Two injections a day, plus oral antibiotics twice a day, the Equioxx once a day and some Probios daily. He's a walking pincushion right now.
default_sad.png

I'm leaving in the morning for a horse show and I'm taking Missy and Marker to Charlotte's for the weekend. So he can hate her.
default_whistling.gif
I'm hopeful by the time I'm back late Sunday afternoon, Marker will be much improved. If the antibiotics he's on don't seem to be knocking this, my vet will switch him to something else.

Please continue to pray for him.

Poor baby boy!! Thank God you caught it quick though! Good job mom!! I pray for a quick recovery for Marker.

Oh poor Marker, I can personally say that the Lil B prayers do wonders so I am praying for the little guy.

Thinking of your poor little one
default_sad.png

You have had a beautiful group of foals this season, minimal or not I love that filly
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back