Miniature World Showcase Magazine

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsedude

Reaction score
Today I received a letter in the mail from Betty at Miniature Horse Showcase magazine with a refund check for the balance of my subsciption, simply stating the magazine no longer will exist. I am absolutely disappointed to hear this. I thought Betty was on the the path to something very special with this magazine. But like many, I simply couldn't afford to advertise in this economy with horses not selling, and my small subscription fee sure didn't cover much expense I am sure. Today is a sad day for me. I want to thank Betty for all of her hard work and dedication towards this magazine and the miniature horse industry. I wish you the very best and thank you again Betty!

How terrible...that magazine spoke quality!!! Loved it, sure going to miss that in my mailbox.
default_sad.png

I'm so sorry to hear this - it was my favorite magazine! I know it must have been a tremendous amount of work to produce it and chase advertising every month, but the magazine will surely be missed.

Jan

This was the beautiful color magazine started couple years ago, right?

I got my check yesterday and tried to email Betty to tell her much I had enjoyed her magazine, but the email came back wrong address. I always looked forward to getting my Showcase and will really miss it. A really great magazine.

We got the notice in the mail today as well as our refund check. It was a great magazine in many aspects. You couldn't beat the color, quality and articles. We always looked forward to getting it.

No explination of why, sad to not be getting it any more.

I got a letter also but hadn't opened it yet.

I'm sad to hear that....

I was planning on ordering gift subscriptions, again, for

my mini loving friends for Christmas.

Darn!

I was stunned to get my refund check in the mail today. I'm heartbroken! This was my absolute favorite magazine! I was so looking forward to the other articles about Vern and Betty Brewer, and the Appaloosa Project!

Me, too! I love this magazine, and have all issues printed and would have loved to get more. Got my letter in today's mail. Such a huge bummer.

Betty was a great loss to AMHA. I will always miss her.

It is hard in this internet based society to make money, let alone break even with a magazine. It is sad. The world is changing from the printed magazines to online magazines. I do enjoy holding magazines in my hand and carring them with me wherever I want to read them.

I too was enjoying the series on the Brewer Family and was so looking forward to reading the story to the end, since I own an Orion Light Van't Huttenest son. Perhaps Betty will find a way to post "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say in another media...perhaps here on LB Forum. It bothered me all night losing this magazine...I wish I had seen it coming, but in this economy nothing suprises me anymore. Again I wish her all the best.

I got the letter and a refund check yesterday.

And it is sad, sad news. Another victim of the economy, I suspect.

Betty is such a wonderful person, really putting the emphasis on quality in the Showcase from interesting articles to fantastic pictures. The Showcase gave us a world view of miniatures with viewpoints from many different countries. There was a wonderful article on Buckeroo and I could hardly wait for each installment of the life of Vern Brewer explaining his impact on the horse world. I'll continue to treasure and reread my issues. So sorry that it had to fold. And I had recently renewed my subscription!

This is indeed a sad day. Betty's publication was one of class and a great source of information. I know that our friend Nancy Rivenburgh waited anxiously (along with us) for each issue. We all wish Betty the best with any future endeavor she should work on. She is a total class act and her wonderful publication will be missed.

Mark & Sharon Bullington (and Nancy Rivenburgh)

Very sad to hear this, I loved the magazine and was really enjoying the series on Vern Brewer. Also loved the international articles.

I had really hoped that it would continue for many years.

How disappointing! I really liked that magazine and it was one of the few breed publications I truly looked forward to receiving. What a shame.
default_no.gif

Leia

I will really miss getting the Showcase. It was wonderful. I love the articules on Van Brewer and Buckeroo. The pictures were great. Sad to see it end.

Freida

Today I received a letter in the mail from Betty at Miniature Horse Showcase magazine with a refund check for the balance of my subsciption, simply stating the magazine no longer will exist. I am absolutely disappointed to hear this. I thought Betty was on the the path to something very special with this magazine. But like many, I simply couldn't afford to advertise in this economy with horses not selling, and my small subscription fee sure didn't cover much expense I am sure. Today is a sad day for me. I want to thank Betty for all of her hard work and dedication towards this magazine and the miniature horse industry. I wish you the very best and thank you again Betty!

I really liked that magazine too!

Back