MHW magazine - really great stuff!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
I am really happy to see the performance articles taking off. Some really good stuff coming out of the performance committee. I think the performance futurities are fantastic, both of my foals are nominated for hunter and driving. The stallion rankings, etc. are just fantastic. What a great way to promote your performance stallion. The educational articles are great, too. I think the new feature of having the judges talk about what division a driving horse should go in, and why they think it, is excellent. There are similar type articles in Practical Horseman and Dressage Today. My only quibble was with one photo where the horse was NOT trotting, it was clearly a canter stride. Anyway, they are asking for photo submissions, and I am going to send a couple in myself.
default_smile.png
I would also love to see a "Conformation Clinic" feature similar to what you find in some of the big horse magazines where people could send photos in and the judge could place a "photo class." They have this in both Practical Horseman and in Horse & Rider. Good stuff. And did you notice that the registry will send you a DVD of the comparison class from the 2008 World Show for a small mailing fee? I am calling them on Monday to get mine!

I also have to say that there are some farms that really do have great ads. They are not always the same from month to month.

Anyway, I am very happy with the magazine this time around! It is a bit slimmer than the usual one that comes just before the World Show, I guess that reflects the sad state of our economy. Maybe I am wrong and there is one more issue before the show. Anyway, one of these years I AM going to the World show! I have been to Nationals twice, once without a horse and once with. I would dearly love to experience the "other side" of our beautiful shiny miniature horse coin!

What do you like best about the magazine? Do you have certain features that you love and look forward to?

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, it would really go a long way if you would send this note to AMHA and let them know. I am sure it would make Alison's day to get this kind of feedback directly.

What do you like best about the magazine? Do you have certain features that you love and look forward to?

The Cover photos...
default_biggrin.png
so cool hehe

Alison and Melissa are super, they do such a Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cover photos... so cool hehe
[SIZE=10pt]The cover photo is wonderful! And I think we know someone who took the photograph. Am I right, Miniequine? Great job!!![/SIZE]

What a fantastic vocation, to take photos of the most beautiful, well-known miniature horses in the world. Hard work to get just the right shot and pose but you get to visit all the great farms................and to see the fabulous "Dream Barn".
default_488.gif
default_thumbup.gif

The whole magazine is one of the things AMHA has always done right IMO it is great promotion to those new to the breed, the articles are wonderful and informative for both the newbie and the seasoned mini owner- and it just presents a very professional perception of the industry. LIke I said on another thread it is the one thing I really miss about being a AMHA member

Jody can you please bring your issue? Mine is not here yet, and I don't want to miss anything!

Leaving tomorrow for NH, then the wee hours of thge AM on Tuesday to get there late Tuesday PM!

Oh What a drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookies and Swedish Fish!

I will try to remember it, but you know fuzzy my memory is these days.

The Cover photos... so cool hehe
[SIZE=10pt]The cover photo is wonderful! And I think we know someone who took the photograph. Am I right, Miniequine? Great job!!![/SIZE]

What a fantastic vocation, to take photos of the most beautiful, well-known miniature horses in the world. Hard work to get just the right shot and pose but you get to visit all the great farms................and to see the fabulous "Dream Barn".
default_488.gif
default_thumbup.gif
Thank you.
default_smile.png

and The "Dream Barn" is VERY nice. ok,, it is unreal.... I love it, I could LIVE in it.
default_wub.png

~Sandy

I have ALWAYS really loved my MHW magazine. It is something I look forward to reading and also looking at all the beautiful ads. This particular issue I thoroughly enjoyed the "Building the perfect barn".
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back