Our minis in the mags this month - MHW, Showcase, etc.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetsmom

Reaction score
I hope this is OK to post to give the story behind the photos. We have nothing for sale, and the only ad involved is for Lil Beginnings!!

The Oct/Nov issue of Miniature Horse World has an ad for Lil Beginnings on page 158 (also in the Autumn Showcase on page 45) that shows me driving our mare Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic (aka Princess) to illustrate that us oldsters can enjoy minis! The photo was taken in a clinic given by Lisa Singer, a top US combined driver and member of the USET, after a Combined Driving event that she judged this year. I was actually practicing going through one of the course hazards, which is not shown in the ad.

The ad photo was not a surprise as it was posted earlier on the Back Porch(?), but the photo on page 18 of the Showcase WAS a surprise. That one shows our broodmares, Vermilyea Farms Exotic Exposure (a Princess look-a-like) and Jones Call Me Blue Admiration (aka Mira and Max's dam) enjoying some fall pasture time. I have no idea when I sent that to Betty but I don't think it was last year!

Then the current issue of the Pinto Horse magazine includes a photo of Princess on page 40 as a Legion of Merit winner. (Her Pinto name is OTM Fashion By Magic because at the time she was PtHA registered, her AMHA name had too many letters.) That piece notes that she has earned a total of 751 PtHA points, including 462 performance points, 4 performance ROMS, 1 performance ROE, and an ROE in halter. Not bad for a 5 year old who is shown at 4 pinto shows a year. Oh, yes it also points out that I won a Masters Certificate from Pinto in 2009, which is awarded to Amateur members age 55 or older. Another benefit of being a Baby Boomer/oldster!!!

A big congratulations to you all the way around!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Whoot! That is exciting!
default_laugh.png
I have been wanting to register some of mine pinto for some time. Id love to see myself get that done one of these days.

How exciting!! I just got all my mags 2 days ago and now have to go look!! Big CONGRATULATIONS on Princess's Legion of Merit......that's huge!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back