Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, my name is Becca and I have been quietly watching Suzzie over the last week or so. I am pretty new to this foaling thing; I have been around horses for about 3 years now but never seen the miracle of a new baby. What are some signs we are watching for in the next few hours of imminent delivery?

Thanks,

Becca

Hi Becca and welcome
saludando.gif

Normally they start to circle the stable and they do several poops as they clean out their system. Some lay down and get up several times as the contractions start. They can bite their front legs and yawn too. Often they sweat but that is hard to see on cam.

Hi Becca..Im sure Cassie will be pleased to know there are more eyes watching Suzie on the run up to her delivery
default_yes.gif
..Im sure the more experianced will give you lots more information on what to look for but in my experiance with my mare who foaled 6 weeks ago it was so very quick and no real signs she was going to deliver until about 10 mins before..they do develop quite a large udder around a week before delivery and their belly will drop into a sort of "V" shape as the baby moves into the correct possition to be born..they do start to get very restless and Im sure if youv been watching Cassie for the last few weeks even you will notice shes acting differently to what she usually does if the birth was imminent
default_yes.gif
they are all so different and sadly there is no rule book or if there is nobody told Suzie for sure
default_new_rofl.gif
..Hope you get to watch Suzie baby come into the world Im hoping I dont miss it..there really is nothing like a new life begining
default_wub.png

Oh Geez took me so long to type that lol there are a million messages between Mine n Becca's now
default_new_rofl.gif
Its all this wine..hard going having to drink the whole bottle on your own
default_472.gif
My excuse is my friend called me half way through typing the message and Im sticking to it
default_rolleyes.gif

lol well, thanks Lindi and I know I usually have to drink my bottles of wine on my own too lol

Please forgive me for lurking, but I have enjoyed and learned a lot from all your posts back and forth. I am so excited for Suzie and Cassie to have this new little baby
default_smile.png

You Lurkers must think we are all nuts with our wild conversations, well were are a bit but we are all good friends. You are welcome to join us if you can stand the heat
new_rofl.gif
smokesmile.gif
472.gif

your more than welcome to share
default_yes.gif

Haha I say that knowing your at least a good few hours away
default_new_rofl.gif

could get through a few more by the time you get here
default_cheers.gif

Lol, then I am sure I will fit in well, being a bit of a nut myself and if we were sharing a table there would be a few bottle floating around lol

so please tell us more about you Becca..Ponies ..children..other animals..we already know your fond of the wine
default_472.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Yes Becca do tell, we are very nosey
wub.gif

Has anyone seen Anna?

ANNA WHERE ARE YOU?

Iv looked into my crystal ball Anna is snoozing in the chair after a long day moving those naughty yearlings around the 10,000000 acres of lush grazing she has here in beautiful wales
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back