Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope all went well with the vet Cassie - bet Smartie has given himself a bump while playing with Penny and she has come out in sympathy? Seriously though, I do hope it turns out to be something 'simple' and he will soon be ok.
default_yes.gif

Suzie looking 'flatter' in the flanks is GOOD - means the foal is dropping/has dropped into the right position for its birth! COME ON SUZIE!!

Camera angle is brilliant - what a relief for our necks. LOL!!

saludando.gif
I see you out there Cassie, Has the vet been yet? I wonder if Smartie got something in his eye with all the wind you had?

default_saludando.gif
Is the camera down for anyone else

sorry it just came back on

Last edited by a moderator:
ok... vet has been and gone, Penny has a scratch above her eye... making it sore n swollen, she was given a little bute n should be fine...

I'll report about the others after apparantly we are going down to my grandmas house for dinner, she is literally just down the road I will have my mobile on me...

sorry mum forgot to tell me LOL

we won't be there long... she usually goes to bed at 7pm be back soon sorry everyone
default_rolleyes.gif

We know you are back Cassie coz Suzie is in and munching her feed!

Sooooo how did it go with Smartie's eye and did the vet have a quick look at Suzie?

A few of mine have sore (just weepy though, not swollen) eyes after the horrible windy day yesterday too. Hopefully its nothing nasty with either of them.

So, how is Suzie looking this afternoon.

I hope you enjoyed your dinner
default_smile.png

ok sorry!! LOL

um, Smartie needed a sedation (poor silly boy! ) because his eye was too sore wouldn't let us near it!

we checked for any foreign objects nothing... checked for ulsers... nothing... checked the eye to make sure all was ok... all was good!

I should take some pics his eye lid is SO SWOLLEN!!! we think he either banged it REALLY hard!! or he got stung by something n has had an allergic reaction... the way it popped I'm we are heading towards insect bite... he is on bute once a day n eye meds twice a day... if it doesn't clear up by Friday I have to get her back out again to check him again n maybe to xrays
default_wacko.png
hoping it gets better before then LOL

ummm, Suzie, she didn't really give a good examination of, she had a quick look and thinks she could go any day... or could wait another week or so,depending on her udder
default_wacko.png
LOL she has a mare due to foal she has been waxed up for the last week!! still no foal!! poor thing LOL

Suzie was acting quite strange this arvo, licking n snuffling EVERYTHING!! dirt, her water trough,! what do you think it could be?

the vet gave her opinion but want to see what you all think...

hope your all having a great day!! night

we had a lovely time at Grandma's she is 88 n has suffered 2 heart attacks n a stroke n everytime keeps coming back so healthy n strong! she is lovliest of ladies and we love her so much!

she has a bit of dimentia (sp) but is really qutie good when we went in she kept saying "I have so much to be thankful for "
default_wub.png

let me know what you think of Suzie's behaviour... very interesting. hmm

good I'm glad you think so thats what the vet said!!!!!!!! she said usually it means labour within 24hours... do you think the same thing!!

SO EXCITED NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

good I'm glad you think so thats what the vet said!!!!!!!! she said usually it means labour within 24hours... do you think the same thing!!

SO EXCITED NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_saludando.gif
How exciting,,, iam crossing my fingers for you for a foal tonight well it is wednesday after all LOL

Cassie I have no idea what the technical reason is but I know that I have seen several mares lick the stable walls before foaling. (maybe that want it all clean for their new baby)
wub.gif

Hi Guys I am back and just in time by the sounds of it.

Well I never really went away but since our trip to Dublin I have had a sick baby that went on for 10 days then the back to school regime and then since last Thursday kids taking turns with the up and down bug and lucky me suffered with it on Sunday.

Baby sick again and I now need to take out shares in pampers to keep up with the demand.

Aoife who was better is sick again with a temp so home from school again.

I think I am going mad and now as I type this there is a little baby sitting at my feet stinking so will now have to go change her for about the 4th or is it 5th time today and its only lunchtime.

Anyway I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and I hadnt completely abandoned ship and have been keeping an eye but just not posting.

Cassie you must be so excited and I really hope you get good news before you go off on your hols. It would be fantastic after all this waiting.

Hi Karina - good to have you back!
default_saludando.gif

So so sorry you are having to deal with the dreaded lurgy - hope they, and you, will soon be better.
default_yes.gif

Cassie - oooooooo, best stick around tonight ready for the big event!! So exciting.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Yawning usually means an uncomfortble tummy, or it can mean foaling soon, coz she WOULD be uncomfortable in her tummy wouldn't she!

Fingers crossed for our girls!
default_biggrin.png

Just checking in Cassie before I head to work. I didnt get a chance to read all of yesterdays posts but it sounds like maybe tonight/today for you and Suzi. I sure hope so. I would stay close to home right up until your flight leaves if I were you!!You must be a wreck...deep breaths...
default_wub.png
I was just looking at a few of my notes and like some of the others...Peanut was doing a little yawning and licking too. I wasnt very good at taking temps ( too lazy I guess ) so I cant really tell you what my limited experience was with that, sorry. I'll be thinking of you all day and if I can get near a computer I'll pop in and say
default_saludando.gif

Hi Karina.....I havent been on much either but glad to hear your doing better!!

Anna, we did a small catering event yesterday and I thought of you.....the client has an "M"....very pretty and such a kisser....loved the frisbee!! His name was Tucson...I think they said they were married in Arizona and the husband bought her the dog for their anniversary!! Its strange for us now only having the 2 dogs and Ribbie I know wont be here too much longer so we have been looking at other breeds....still keep heading back to the GSD's. I feel like the breed is just a part of me I think
default_wub.png

Well Cassie, will check in with you later but will be sending you cyber hugs all day!

Shes deff looking more active tonight
default_unsure.png
cant keep up with her pacing around the stable
default_aktion033.gif
come on Suzie have this baby before your mummy goes off on her holls
default_smile.png
tonight is good for me..im sat here watching with a glass of wine or 2
default_new_shocked.gif

Don't be mean Lindi, pass the bottle
472.gif

She just did a tiny poop and it looked like she pooped over in the corner about 5 minutes before

Latest posts

Back