Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nite nite Renee, sleep well.
default_saludando.gif

Night Night Renee

And that was very kind of you to offer Renee but I was thinking I would take Cassie place and you could come to Clare and mind my kids and animals while I was gone
default_new_rofl.gif

Thanks everyone for all your lively kind words
default_smile.png
we are definitely a group n I already have I think it's 5 of my friends mares that are lined up to start marestare soon yay!!

Well i better go feed madam s

Oh Renee no I'm going to Fiji n you baby sitting suz n bub lol I will be keeping marestare up while we are away so the aunties can keep an eye on mummy n baby!!

I'm just worried now that she will have it not long before we go I was hoping for atleast av1 month old foal but we may not get that now :s

Well, I'll chime in here too! I have SO enjoyed these two threads! We've covered alot, learned alot, shared alot and made some wonderful new friends! THIS IS A GROUP! We're here to stay, and hopefully, we'll find something else to entertain us during the "non" breeding season in the US -- like how about the Aussie breeding season during our winter!! I'm SURE we can find someone's horse(s) to watch!!

You can stalk mine if you like, no cams but there will be plenty of photos. 5 mares all up with due dates from September through to December. I'll be insane by then
default_new_rofl.gif
I'd be thrilled to have the mare stare crew follow along! I'll probably need the advice!

Thanks everyone for all your lively kind words
default_smile.png
we are definitely a group n I already have I think it's 5 of my friends mares that are lined up to start marestare soon yay!!

Well i better go feed madam s

Oh Renee no I'm going to Fiji n you baby sitting suz n bub lol I will be keeping marestare up while we are away so the aunties can keep an eye on mummy n baby!!

I'm just worried now that she will have it not long before we go I was hoping for atleast av1 month old foal but we may not get that now :s
I still think August could be her month
default_yes.gif

I do have to say I have not been on the board very long but have really enjoyed following and participating in the girl's threads. Very glad to be a part of it.
biggrin.gif

Hoping so Bree
default_smile.png
n we will be happy to follow your mares.

Megan you are very much part of the Crew :D n we hope you stick around
default_smile.png

Later I am going to put the pics up again with older ones as comparison... See if you guys can change the 2 weeks :s

I know you guys don't bite. There is to much laughter for that. I know horses do bite as I have a 16.2 guy that really does not bite but loves to lick. I do not post much here because I know nothing about bitrhing a mini. If you want a book on birthing alpacas I could give you one. I am reading ll posts and learning. I am beginning to look for my mini. I do want one that can drive. That is my new love right now.

Slpsca Nancy ( have to figure out how to change my siginature line)

12.45am here in the UK, so I'm off to my bed.
default_yes.gif

Have a good day Cassie, plus those of you on the daytime shift.

Nite nite.
default_saludando.gif

Good lordy Cassie...that was alot of reading. O.k. now that we all have this luvy duvy, huggy, foaling friends stuff out of the way can we all gather around , hold hands and sing Kum By Yah while doing a shot of Patron, please. Whats this.... your going to Fiji....people dont just GO to Fiji...that would be like saying ya, Im going to Jupiter for the day....You must be thrilled beyond believe. I know i would be!! have you been before and is it a family vaca..or you say family "holiday" I never did well in Geography...how far from Australia? Suzi will miss you but Im sure Suzi and her filly will be just fine. Well I need to pull Suzis cam up b/c I lost all my pages that are usually up when the plane crash happened...talk in a bit

we are going for my Mum's 50th birthday, and yes a vacation is a holiday hehe we are going for a week and it takes about 4-5 hours flight from australia, we are so excited, never been before, been to New Zealand and Tasmania but no where else so its very excting its a family holiday so all 6 of us are going... I'm going to be very sad to leave miss Suzie and her FILLY but we have one of our friends staying at our house and the people across the road have bred minis before and I'm sure she will be happy to check on suz and bub!! :D I just can't wait for this baby to be born!!! seeing another birth has made me even more excited!!!

come on Suzie I would love to see you baby really soon!!
default_wub.png

Sounds like so much fun...how was Tasmania?

Cassie, you just never know....look at PN tonight....everything says she SHOULD have this foal tonight but at this point..who knows. Suzi will give you the most wonderful gift ever given.....but its her gift to you...and YOU cant look a gift horse in the mouth
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

haha Heidi thats very true, but I sent the previous owner an email with some pics and he thinks she has a couple of weeks to go too
default_no.gif
he said she always bags up three weeks before, so Suzie please start bagging up today!!, she really has already started cos I can get milk from her... so I'm a little confused...
default_wacko.png
would I be able to get milk from her if she hasn't started bagging up?? or technically if I have gotten some milk has she already started??

Tasmania was awesome!! quite freezing and that was summer that we went LOL

I will take my camera and will have to show you guys some of the pics and make you all really jealous LOL
default_yes.gif

I just found an older post about milking up and found it very comforting!! i hope Kim from crayonbox miniatures doesn't mind but I added her quote in here I hope thats allowed

"My mare foaled at 341 days, but she normally bags up over several weeks, but this time she started to get milk Sunday evening, bagged up to full and waxing by Monday and foaled Monday night. This isn't her typical pattern, and my other mare that I'm watching hasn't started any udder yet, and she typically does by day 312 which she is past now. It does seem to be a bit of an odd year. "

Kim Crayonbox miniatures.

I would love to see Suzie have her foal in the next week or two... please baby girl!!

did anyone notice Suzie earlier? I know its hard to see but it looked like she was almost sitting down hmmm

i will be going home to lunch in the next hour but the fact that she didn't lie down this morning and did that strange thing just then... will update you when I go home, but it is quite odd...

haha I can't wait Diane!! its very exciting!! snorkling on the great barrier reef, horse riding along the beach!!

lounging in the tropics... hmmm oh hopefully getting a tan... maybe meet a few cute guys LOL
default_wink.png

umm, go swimming!! what else, sun, sand and surf what can be better oh it would be the best if I knew that my mare and her itty bitty foal were all safe and born!! and doing really well,

did anyone notice Suzie earlier? I know its hard to see but it looked like she was almost sitting down hmmm

i will be going home to lunch in the next hour but the fact that she didn't lie down this morning and did that strange thing just then... will update you when I go home, but it is quite odd...

haha I can't wait Diane!! its very exciting!! snorkling on the great barrier reef, horse riding along the beach!!

lounging in the tropics... hmmm oh hopefully getting a tan... maybe meet a few cute guys LOL
default_wink.png

umm, go swimming!! what else, sun, sand and surf what can be better oh it would be the best if I knew that my mare and her itty bitty foal were all safe and born!! and doing really well,
Can you rub it in any more geeze..you had better take pictures..great barrier reef, tropics, sand, tans, but if you do meet any cute guys make sure he loves horses...especially little ones. yes Im on the jealous list too!!

haha my mare isn't foaling so I have to get excited about something!!
default_yes.gif
otherwise I'm sure I will go insane!!
default_wacko.png

i think Suzie is finally down, but it is a very odd time for her to be lying down...

I'm pretty sure that would start a mutiny over here
default_new_rofl.gif

I have spent the morning going through about 6+ years of foal photos from my mentors. Found photos of siblings to my lot and some of my own guys as week old babies! What a great way to spend the morning!
default_biggrin.png

lol no foal, she is back up and munching...
no.gif

just letting you all know I'm playing with the camera again so don't watch for a little while please hehe!!

Latest posts

Back