Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I object!! I crawl out of bed at 5.30am, stagger to the laptop to check on the girls and what do I find? Not only has Miss P let me down and not foaled, but the cam is down for Madam S.
default_new_shocked.gif

Immediately panic sets in - not good at this time of the morning - and I have to tune in to Suzie's thread to find out what is wrong. What do I find? Lots of talk about sun, sea, swimming, Fiji and hunky men!! Nothing about Suzie. Suddenly there's a small announcement that Cassie is fiddling with the camera!

Panic over. I'm going back to bed!!

Morning all
saludando.gif
Cassie I will get a stiff neck from watching Suzie at that angle
laugh.gif

guys the outside camera hasn't changed... I still have to work out how to get that better but hopefully you will notice the difference tonight... I think I have it in a good spot
default_yes.gif
but I need to get your guys approval first and see how it looks with the suzie munchkin in there...

night Nancy

is the camera angle ok? its up alot higher so hopefully we can see more of the stable... the gate is still at the bottom right hand corner...

if Peanut is a blugar whale I think Suzie must be a seal LOL look at her shape, or lack of shape LOL oh no wait I have decided, she is a walrus LOL

suz5811.jpg

sorry the camera is a little blury I think it might be my finger prints lol woops, I will clean it tomorrow

It looks fine but she is stood in the middle at the mo, we will see when she moves.

Walrus
new_shocked.gif
poor baby, wait until you are preggo
biggrin.gif

Haha she does look huge from that angle TWINS ??..and what has she done with her bucket..she really is quite a character
default_yes.gif

I think the camera is much better possitioned there you can see all of her
default_thumbup.gif

Apart from her face which is buried in her bucket..sheer contentment Suzie/bucket/food

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Linda
default_smile.png
abouts about 50 cm above the original position so renee I''m hoping that we will be able to see most of her, prob still can't see her near the water bucket... I can still put it up higher on the weekend.

I'm sure I will be just as huge when I am pregnant LOL

off to youth group will be back around 9:30pm hopefully, another big day at the vets tomorrow...
default_no.gif
I need a day off!!!! LOL oh well, think of the money, think of the money, think of the money LOL its not working.

see you all later.

See you later I'll be watching..its hard to think of the money when youd rather be elsewhere.. Are you a nurse??..I worked as a veterinary nurse for years before i had my children and its amazing what knowledge you carry with you in the years to come..
default_saludando.gif

OK guys, got a few pics for you and a little guessing game! But you are only allowed to look if you ignore the fencing and the old caravan. The fence was ruined by some big horses I had staying for a few months and I have just tightened it up with some strands of electric fencing (not connected of course!) to make it ok for the minis. Plan B for this place is to remove the old van and the fencing anyway.........sometime!

First pic is of the little madam who keeps escaping (not from this field) She is actually Mummy's daughter by my Falabella boy. (This is not part of the guessing game!)

June11121.jpg

Now the guessing bit....do you think this mare might be in foal (within a month or so)?

June11119.jpg

June11125.jpg

Also this chestnut mare?

June11124.jpg

And what about little Heidi - she's just 29" to the withers, so smaller than Peanut?

June11122.jpg

OK all comments/guesses welcome.
default_yes.gif

Id say no to the first but yes to the little girl Heidi

My mare seems stressed today lots of tail swishing belly kicking and many tiny piles of sloppy POOHHH..maybe tonght??

I would be leaning towards no for the grey and yes to the chestnut.

Have you seen any foal movement?

Some good guesses there my friends - not saying which are the correct ones though! Oh and I do realise they are not 'good' pics, so it's not easy to tell.

Cassie you've left poor Suzie's halter on again, naughty girl! Actually can you say why you have a halter on her at all? Just wondering, because she's not difficult to catch is she? Also you wont be able to have it on once she foals, unless you have it really tight and then her jaw wont be able to move properly when she grazes! (I hate halters. LOL!!)

ps. answers to the pic 'puzzle' later, - early evening I expect.

Oh and Renee, this was my starvation field a few weeks ago (4 acres) but stupidly I rested it! I bought these girls up to eat some of it off for me coz I felt they needed a bit of extra weight! LOL!!

I agree that is just plain mean so you have to spill the beans if you know who is and who isnt lol

halter is off, I have it on while she is out in the paddock as she is a little hard to bring in, and they boys and dad are always coming and going with firewood so she is easier to control.

Suzie was lying down before when I got back and didn't get up till I was in the stall with her, little sweety, I'm guessing that the foal must have been pushing against her rear end while lying down as she was VERY red behind!!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back