Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish Suzie would pick a better spot to lay down. Can't see but half of her
wacko.gif

I dont think she has any plans to show us that baby tonight..Iv high hopes for my mare though shes been really quiet all afternoon is looking to go off to bed early tonight..im off to tuck her in and give her all the latest gossip on Suzie n Peanut..might get her moving too with any luck

Well, like you Diane, I have been in and out all day checking in, plus the odd cuppa half hour fully observing - and Suzie is still interested in long snoozes and grazing for hay!!

I cant believe haow many pages we have covered with Suzie and Peanut. I do remember how we got very excited on the Tease and Annie topic when we passed the 100 mark - but these two really take the biscuit!
default_rolleyes.gif

By the way has anyone had an update on the wonderful Annie, I would love to know how she's getting on, bet she's a big girl now?

Lindy (is it Lindy?) I've just noticed that you are in Wales - wondered exactly where?

I dont think that Suzie is going to let us see her baby tonight, but I'm willing to be proved wrong! LOL!!

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
well done Diane - and I've added my plea to your post.
default_yes.gif

Ok you asked for pics - so here is our little chap - taken yesterday.

June11110.jpg

June11111.jpg

Still got his 'wedge' head!!

June11116-2.jpg

And with his FAT little friend!

June11118.jpg

June11117.jpg

hi all I am back
saludando.gif
Anna he is just adorable, I want to pick him up and cuddle him. I have been ready the thread on my phone to make sure I didn't need to jump in the car and race home to see our new baby.

Oh well, I guess we are another day closer.

I'm sorry that I got all your hopes up last night ladies
default_sad.png
I'm going to take the low alert down now. I might keep an eye on her tho during the day just in case she gets it in her head to foal outside.

Well I better go n feed them. New month so statements to do today yay NOT at least I can keep peanut n suzie up as I dnt need my computer much

Maybe if she gets it in her head to foal outside then I'll let her n just move the cam for you all I would very much prefer her to foal in the stable tho... Naughty girl she looks awkward as she's walking today will go n check her

Always better to be safe then sorry Cassie. But the little minx spent most of her night flat out snug as a bug.

Happy Statement Day LOL

Anna your boy is just gorgeous and love the pic of him with your little filly - so cute.

So who is next for foaling?

Watch her like a hawk Cassie as she could well be an outsider. Her and foal will be just fine if she wants to do it outside. We will be very pleased if she does it under the cam though. Lol

Just hurry up and feed her Cassie or she's going to be leaping over her door - as if! LOL!!

Megan, he was known as Mumoote before he was born and of course it has stuck! (dam, Mummy and sire Mootie) When it is time to do his papers, he will get a proper name.
default_yes.gif

Try not to let Suzie foal outside Cassie - she's normally either too far away for us to see what is going on, or she's hidden off camera!

Off to check on Peanut - have a good day Cassie!

He is so cute, Anna!

I really hope Suzie doesn't decide to foal outside. It is SO hard to see her when she is not in the stall. She is in the center of the pasture and I can see her ok right now but normally I can't see her well at all!

Renee!! what are you doing still awake???? lol

thanks Karina lol I'll be seeing numbers in my head all day LOL

Anna if she decides to foal today, I won't be moving her, but I will be moving the cam so you can all see, I will be watching her like a hawk today, if she lies down I will be home, if she goes out of range of the camera I will be home... I also have the barn alarm up at work so if any of you see anything please put low alert up
default_smile.png

its another gorgeous day here, Suzie do you realise your baby could be the first August baby?!?! get busy girl!!!

she just left her hay again hmmm

oh n Diane was saying she wanted to hear some stories... here is a sample of of one of mine... hope you like it hehe don't show many ppl my stories so your all very lucky LOL well thats if you like it
default_rolleyes.gif
default_unsure.png

oh n Anna your in my story LOL even though I started writing it before I knew you LOL

"Chapter 2: Reflections.

After dinner and dessert Kari sat down with Anna while she was feeding Emma and asked her about herself.

“How about you? Kari? What’s your story?” Anna asked after telling Kari about her life. “well, I am married to Trace Holden, and we have this beautiful baby daughter. We live on a cattle and horse stud in a town called Ballimore. Yeah that’s pretty much it.” Kari said quickly “oh no its not Mrs Holden what about why you were in Ballimore in the first place and how you met Trace, your life back home. its really a very interesting story Anna” said Kelly giving Kari a knowing look. “oh please Kari do tell me.” “alright its going to take a while though, and you guys have already heard it numerous times.” “and never get sick of it my dear.” Said Steve who was a romantic at heart. “but before you start let me have that darling baby of yours again.

Kari handed over Emma and got comfortable. Kelly passed round hot drinks and the story began to unfold.

“Well, I grew up here in the Hawkesbury. On my parents quarter horse stud. My Dad owns his own business as well. Growing up I always loved animals especially horses. So once I finished my HSC I went on to become an equine vet. It took me 4 years. I then went on to master in reproduction and massage of horses. Which I loved. As part of that I had to do be an intern at the Dubbo Uni. I drove up to Dubbo and spent a week there and on the day I was about to return at a conference the owner of the equine centre in Ballimore came up to me and offered me a job. I told him that I wanted to finish my degree first and he said that once I had finished the offer still held.

So once I had finished my masters I rang up the head vet whose name is Michael and he told me yes the job was still open and they would love to have me. So I talked to my parents and prayed about it and after a long week of trying to decide, I took the job.

I got into my old Holden Ute with my young horse Carli in my horse float and travelled the 4 hours back up to Ballimore. I got settled into my job there and was really enjoying it. I was staying at a boarding house in the middle of Ballimore and Carli was in an agistment centre outside of Ballimore I hardly got the chance to ride her and that was the hardest thing.

One day this guy comes in called Jack with a gorgeous Quarter horse stallion he said that his boss, asked him to bring him down because he seemed to be “not quite right” so I took a look at him. I had to take great caution as apparently this magnificent animal Storm was his boss’s favourite horse and he would ‘die’ without it.

After doing a very careful thorough physical examination on this gorgeous horse I found out that Storm had tight muscles on his upper rump. Nothing that would cause him to die luckily, from what Jack was saying.” They all had a good laugh at this and Kari continued “so after i helped Storm, Jack and I got talking he asked me about my life and what I was qualified as, where I grew up and where I was staying. When I told him. He grew silent and after a while said ‘let me talk to my boss, but we could use someone as good with horses as you are on our farm. And you could board in the main house. Better than that old boarding house with Mrs. Fain.’ And he screwed up his face. I don’t think that I had ever seen an adult man screw up his face before but there it was and it was the funniest sight. So I just started laughing and he went along laughing with me. After that we continued talking and as he left he said that he would talk to his boss and see what he could do.

Well, I kept on working at the vet clinic and didn’t hear back from them for like two weeks or so. So immediately I just thought that the boss said no.

Well a couple of days after that I was doing some massage therapy on a horse. When my nurse. Kitty came in and said that one of the guys from the horse stud where Jack worked was here. I asked if Jack was there and she said no. so I told her that I was busy and that they may have to see the other vet. ‘but he wants to see you’ Kitty said abruptly and I stepped off my stool and away from the young mare I was working on. ‘Ok I’m coming who is it? He better be pretty high up’. ‘Kari’ she said. ‘He’s the boss’. I stopped in my tracks, the boss had come to see me I could barely believe it. ‘Does he have a horse with him’ ‘of course dummy,’ she said jokingly ‘why else would he come?’ we both laughed and I went out to the front yard, where I could see an angle float parked with a Ford f250 towing it. On the side of the truck and float it held the sign ‘M&T Holden Horse and Cattle stud’ I thought to myself ‘ok girl this is your chance to get the big time. This could be a great experience for you. So while psyching myself up about the job I also started to picture what the boss would look like. I though about Jack and seeing as he was his right hand man, I was thinking ok so the guy is probably in his 40’s probably a little overweight and shortish’. Boy was I wrong!!"

All caught up again, the mare stare crew certainly go through a few pages when they're on the job
default_new_rofl.gif

Come on Suzie! It's August now so you can pop out that baby!

Thanks karina lol I'll try a little more later,

My grandfather got his car bogged just before I had to push him out lol

Suzie was doing butt rubs before n she has a very swishy tail happening. She hasn't eaten all her hay as well today acting very similar to yesterday...

Lol sorry Bree there literally is a story in there today hehe

Oh Bree I pmd you
default_smile.png

heres the pics I took yesterday... you can see her pretty head from this angle really well
default_smile.png
little poser even pricked her ears good girl suz!!

suzie 310711.jpg

n some butt rubbing lol

suzb310711.jpg

n some pics of the stable hehe cos I love it and wanted you to see how it looks LOL it's not finished but looks really good!!
default_biggrin.png

oh but first the nursery LOL which I am going to be mowing soon
default_smile.png

nursery310711.jpg

now the front of the stable,

stable310711.jpg

tack room side

stable2310711.jpg

behind the stable

stable3310711.jpg

otherside, which has Dads master piece!!

stable4310711.jpg

my hitching rail!! which I love!!

stable5310711.jpg

and the room we are all aquainted with, Suzies stall.

stable6310711.jpg

I just quickly ducked home because she was lying down, she got back up again n is walking round, tho she is VERY SWOLLEN AND LONG!! wish I had my camera with me, so I think she might go sometime today...

please let me know if you see her down and I will rush home.

Latest posts

Back