Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good night diane
default_wub.png

I am back, sorry it took ages but one of Matteo's ponies escaped and she was right up near the road
new_shocked.gif
My neighbour has planted beans so I pray she didn't go it his field and cause damage. I guess I better go and read mu insurance policy.

Shucks what a way to start a day. Anna what is it with the girls today?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm here! What has been happening with Suzie - it's a bit early for her to be in? Just read the last couple of pages and gather that Cassie is a bit worried about her. What a pity Cassie has to go to the store, she should be here just in case, couldn't someone else have done it, it would be such a shame if she missed Suz foaling!

Mind you Suzie looks ok at the moment, although from the camera angle I looked at a second ago, she does look as though she's heavy breathing!

Peanut is down now in her boudoir. This is not going to be easy - dont usually have to keep 'close' watch on Suzie until Peanut has reached her daytime hours. Lots of flicking between cams and postings going to keep me busy for a while. LOL!!

I'm glad you guys are on now.....heading to bed.

Suz doesn't have to wait till morning, on my account, should she get a

hankering to bless us with a baby LOL

Although it'd be a pity to miss it after all this time.

Cass said she was breathing heavy out in the pasture and sweating so she brought her in.

Suz may be a bit confused as to why she is in her bedroom when she should have hours

left outside..... Or maybe outside is where she is used to having her babies?

Night

Good Morning Anna, I was just going to post that i thought poor Suzi was confused about being in her stall...looks like Nancy had the same thoughts.Its usually not this bright in her stall and she turned a certain way in the cam and she really looked like a little tubba wubba. Her tail bow is darling!

She certainly seems a bit confused, bless her! But maybe it will put her off thinking about foaling until Cassie gets back - also gives us time to watch Peanut having her baby??

Hello again all..Im not sure why but i couldnt sign in so in the end had to re-register with my name spelt slightly differently..I havnt missed anything as i was still able to read and of course watch but couldnt post..where do i see Peanut's cam??.. is she on "never too mini farm" ..iv been watching her for some time too.. its all getting very exciting..no progress with my lil girl either..I did have alot of puffing when she was laying down the night before last and made my tea n bickies ready for all the excitment but im sure it was just the pressure of laying on that belly as she starting munching happily again once she was up..not totally convinced she will stop munching though even for labour
default_wink.png

saludando.gif
Lindi-loo Yes

Peanut is at Never too Mini Farm and

Suzie is at Kings Park Miniatures

Hi Lindy-lou, when is your mare due - or did I miss this from earlier? Do give us all the info - age, foals, who she's in foal to etc (we are a nosy lot! LOL!!)

Off now to do my boys, back in about an hour. Hang in there girls!
default_yes.gif

So glad its the same Peanut Im really enjoying following both of them..the laptop goes on first thing in the morning and stays on most of the day so i can keep checking..its so addictive they need to put a health warning on mare stare as i stuggle when its time to shut down and go to bed..its so nice to wake and see a healthy foal though when you do miss them..I was following the 2 mini mares on Happy Appy Acres and couldnt believe the sad news when i switched on that day so sad..thankfully most births do go well without any major problems though and i find the weeks/months before just as exciting as the birth itself..watching and waiting for the first signs of labour..nothing like it..so come on girls can we see a lil action now plz

talk about it LOL i'm home now suzie so anytime!! LOL she is picking at her dinner.... isn't red inside at all and seems pretty content but doesn't want to move round much, two poops in the stable that were very runny cow poop, I tried to test her milk she wouldn't have a bar of it...
default_no.gif

anyway going to get some dinner I will be keeping a close eye on her, should I keep the low alert on tonight just in case??

My mare is due 10th August..shes in foal to my spotted stallion that iv had for 17 years..hes actually bay with a few black spots in his coat although he does have spotty nose and bits he also has the stripey hooves..shes a 9 year old dark chestnut with a blonde mane and tail..a gorgeous lil mare but very untrusting..when i first bought her 4 years ago she was so very nervous and in foal..knowing i had alot of time and patience felt i could win her round..shes so much better can be approached in the paddock without a lead rope lol and groomed now without being held..her previous owner cant believe the transformation..sadly she will run a mile if my son walks within 50m and will not let me touch her ears or her mouth..i can live with that..shes never nasty just worried..she has a home for life here with us and i spent a long time looking for that special pony to join us after having my other pony put to sleep at the ripe old age of 33..i did as much research as possible into her history and as far as i know has only had 1 foal which she had here with us a gorgeous clot foal also chestnut with flaxen mane n tail..he now lives with my best friend and his companion where he will live forever..im not a breeder and have no intention of having foals to make money just enjoyed the first so much couldnt resist having another and to have a foal from my old boy is so exciting..goes without saying male or female it will have a forever home here with us..Im sure the new baby will be a bay and im sure tiny as mum is 32in and dad 30

Cassie keep the low on as extra eyes are always good. We watch and wait. Lol

Oh the excitement of it all. I am here all day so will be keeping both ladies up again. The change in behavior could mean that baby is positioning itself so hopefully means we are still getting closer.

Yay I am glad to wake up to something 'interesting'!! Suzie HAS to foal sometime soon!

I think I still see some feed in her feeder. Right now she is just standing looking bored.

Latest posts

Back