Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was under attack this morning from my yearling Dipinto whilst I was trying to poo pick in the big field where the girls live. I let him in for a blast as he is on his own at the moment (due to him escaping from this field into my neighbours Bean field)
new_shocked.gif
Anyway after trying to molest the girls and being sent on his way
new_rofl.gif
he decided to have a go at annoying me and my wheel barrow. What a night mare! wheel barrow went over at least twice then he thought it was fun to bite and pull the pitch fork out of my hands and to finish off he would stand over the pile of poop that I had raked up and calmly sniff it as I waited for him to finish so I could pick it up.
nono.gif
I sent him on his way as I was getting fed up with his "help" so off he gallops only to do a full circle of the field and come charging past me slowing up enough to nip the back of my leg before charging off again.
new_shocked.gif

Can you imagine if he did all this to my mother in law
new_rofl.gif

( note to myself: now now be nice)
new_rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well looking at suzis stall it looks like the maid service is on holiday!! Miss Suzi if only you would go in ONE corner. She again looks hungry.

Cassie...dont forget your to put on sun block and stay away from stingrays!!

Anna, I would love to live at your house...it sounds like a blast!!

Renee, that Dipinto sounds like hes such a nut!!.....terror on hoofs!!

Diane,
default_saludando.gif
where are some more granddaughter pictures...I know you have some!! LOL

But maybe MiL is deserving of Dipinto's efforts to help? LOL!!

(oooop's sorry - NAUGHTY DIPINTO!)

Right, has anyone any idea what is happening with Suzie? I think Cassie said she was out for a little time in the morning, but she has obviously been in for the rest of the day and it is now 10.30pm approx, her time, and she still doesn't seem to be browsing any hay - did she actually have her tea - plus it is a good thing she's not likely to foal with her stable in that state?????

This is the trouble with just having to watch and not being able to actually be THERE and to do the work for Cassie ourselves.
default_no.gif

Also is anyone else having trouble with Suzie's marestare? I know my laptop is going so slowly it is going backwards right now, but Suzie's cam seems to focus for a moment, then freeze, then jerk and work again for a few moments etc. Have any of you got this problem or is it my laptop?

Cam seems fine here Anna although havnt seen Suzie moving around much..maybe shes keeping her legs tightly crossed just incase
default_smile.png
you sound like youv got your work cut out with all your guests
default_yes.gif
and Dipinto sounds like hes having great fun winding everyone up
default_rolleyes.gif
lets hope they Suzie senario sorts itself out ..I always worry myself silly when I leave the animals in my daughters care even though like you say you do your best to sort everything out before you go..nobody does it like you
default_no.gif
something always happens when I go away even just for one night..I had a call from a very distraught daughter while on a 1 night away stay to watch my son playing rugby
default_rolleyes.gif
saying shes thinks we have been burgled and was scared they were still in the house as she could here noises at in the utility room..turns out the pigs got out and decided to break through the back door into the house then somehow shut the door behind them so they couldnt get back out..mean time they had a ball rumaging through the whole ground floor at their liesure then returning for a nap to the utility room where they had made a cozy bed out of the laundry
default_rolleyes.gif
what a mess..

Suzie has been in her stall since around 11am her time
sad.gif
Poor girl made a mess of her stall and needs it to be picked up. She looks hungry too. What time does she normally eat in the evening? Hope she has been fed and the poop gets cleaned soon!

Cassie- I hope you are having fun!

EEEEK... ok ladies... I just can't stand it. I was going to wait to say anything for a few weeks and don't want to jinx anything.. BUT.... we have fallen in love with a mare and she will be coming home sometime after Christmas. I decided to look into an older horse as a friend for Ricky. I thought it would be good for him and us. We went to look last weekend at a mare we had seen at the farm Ricky is from and we just fell in love. Very very sweet. She just is such a doll. We had been thinking of getting another young colt but she will be perfect. I am so excited. She is a 7 year old bay pintaloosa mare and is in foal (due in April) to the stallion my husband loves. SO if all goes as plan, Ricky won't be alone more then a few months. We are setting up a second paddock for Ricky and he will be gelded early next year. I am so excited! And I will also be looking into getting my girl on marestare
yes.gif
Ok there.. now I hope it all works out! ppheewww!

I am off to collect Alby from school and pick up a few things for dinner. Back in about an hour
saludando.gif

your so sweet Diane! these days its hard to get whole families together and your little family reunion sounds perfect! lots of laughs and stories i'm sure....your mom will be loving it!! What beach do you head off to? do you rent a place for all to stay at? I'll pray for beautiful weather for you all! Dont do a Cassie....use sun block!!! Will look forward to pictures next week....although you will need a couple days rest after the week end Im sure!!

heading out to work but will check on Suzi later
default_saludando.gif

Wow Megan that didnt take you long to get the "I feel the need to get another " lol..hope all goes well congratulations
default_aktion033.gif
the family get together sounds amazing shame we all dont find the time to do just that now n then..Im sure great granma will really enjoy seeing all her offspring together..

Suzie looks like shes munching on something there in the left hand corner bet she cant wait til breakfast
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Diane
laugh.gif
What do you think about her coloring? She is registered as a pintaloosa, and has spots on her bottom lip and udder.

Thanks Diane! I noticed her feet too and they are going to trim them. I want to also give her a bath before the weather breaks. She has a thin mane and it looks like it has been that way for a while based on pictures I have seen. So maybe thats just her. I will check her over real good though again.

new_rofl.gif
Omg Julia, those guys are nuts.

Diane, that house is to die for, can I come too? with all those kids running around i am sure you won't even notice a few more
new_rofl.gif

Megan, welcome to the potato chip addiction
risa8.gif
She is very pretty. ( I agree about her tootsies though)

As for Cassie, I just pray that she received her dinner
frusty.gif

Latest posts

Back