Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cassie
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

Glad you arrived safely and are all settled in - the dance sounds great - dont forget the pics!

Suzie looking good, and as Renee says she still looks very wide, so the foal hasn't dropped yet.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
(11pm Suzie time).

Hi Cassie!! Thanks for checking in! I am home most of the time and have your girl up watching! It's 11pm her time and she is looking like a potato standing very still glancing out her door. Have a lot of fun!! Can't wait to see pictures from your trip!

Suzie will be up here all afternoon now..I just got back from lunch with my daughter and Suzie looks fine happily munching
default_smile.png

I think shes missing you though
default_wub.png
she will be happy again when your back
default_smile.png

Im sure breakfast time will take her mind off things lol

Last edited by a moderator:
36_33_11.gif
i tried to read all the posts . now i look like this
10_1_6.gif
. it was funny and cool ! can't wait to see the baby pony in a week or so.

Hi all found some free wifi at a restaurant at the dock at denaru island
default_smile.png
so I'm updating
default_smile.png
hi Julia I lOve that emoticons!! hoping Suzie is out for the day we went for a swim this morning was beautiful!!!

Wanaku bye
default_smile.png
will update again later
default_smile.png

It is 3.40 pm and Suzie is in her stall
new_shocked.gif
I see quite a few poop so I am wondering if she has been outside at all today?

She looks happy enough but shes usually out when I get up..
default_yes.gif
so Iv no idea if shes been out or not but im sure shes being well looked after..maybe shes had alot of poops in a short time
default_wacko.png

Perhaps the weather is bad again

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning everyone.
default_saludando.gif

Hello Cassie - bet that water was WARM!! Glad you have found somewhere to let you check in, but dont forget you are supposed to be there on holiday, not tied to LB.
default_biggrin.png

Well my yesterday evening went all to pot - in the nicest possible way, but it meant that I was just dashing to and fro to check on Suzie and no time to post. Tea time saw the arrival of g/daughter DD and partner Kym, plus the two JR terriers that used to make up our tribe of dogs. They are here for 3 or 4 days for a visit which is brilliant from my point of view because life becomes so full of love and laughter when they are around - just what we all need right now! It is 6 months since DD and little JR Charlie last made it here to Wales and even longer since Kym and Tidsy travelled up, so great greetings all round between all of us (of course) but also between my M and her favourite boy, Charlie, and Tidsy and Mrs Nest (Tidsy's Mum - Mrs Nest and Charlie are Tidsy's parents), they were so glad to see each other again, but Charlie and Tids soon disappeared off across the fields for an hour or so, obviously re-checking out the whole farm, just to make sure nothing had changed! LOL!! They also managed to remember NOT to chase the cats, something that they are both extremely bad about since moving to Dorset. During the evening it was really strange watching how the dogs all settled back into their old 'evening routine' - Charlie popped straight on to his chair and dived under the blanket kept on it, Tidsy and her Mum went and laid on the doggy duvet in front of the old rayburn with Tids flat out on her back and Mrs Nest gently cleaning her face and her ears - motherly love and all that! M just sprawled out on the floor right in the path of anyone wanting to get from one end of the room to the other. It was all very relaxing! The humans enjoyed a hastily put together meal and then we got out the cards and played for the rest of the evening - lots of argueing/cheating/underhand dealings/laughter etc etc as they drunk their way through a bottle of Sherridans amongst other bits/dregs from several other bottles (not me with the pills I'm on at the moment) - wonder what time they will all wake up this morning? LOL!!

So the routine for the next few days has been set - plus it looks as though the weather is going to be kind to us as well, warmth and sun promised, so am hoping that the 'extra workforce' can be persuaded to do a couple of hours each day helping with some outside 'clearing up' jobs, plus getting Kym, who is brilliant with electrics, to climb up on the barn roof and fiddle with our tv aeriels which seem to have loosened themselves in the high winds we have had lately - she fixed them all up there for us in the first place!

Now to the lovely Suzie. Not sure what has happened over my night time, but from all the droppings it does look as though she has been in her stable all day - naughty Nathen should have been picking up for her, grrrrrrr! Has the weather been terrible? Who has been watching while us lot in the Northern Hemisphere have been sleeping?? Can anyone say what is going on. Sorry Cassie, not wanting to worry you, plus Suzie doesn't seem concerned by being stabled, but just hoping that she has been having lots of extra food while she's in. Just wondering what has been going on????

Sorry for the long post, but as I said, posting might be a little lacking for a couple of days at the moment - but I will still be 'watching'
default_yes.gif

Hope you are all ok - plus hope the kiddies who are/were not well are feeling better now.

Have a great day all of you!
default_wub.png

Hi all really not sure why Susie has been in! She was out for a while this morning apparently but not now... Hmm might send an email I think. Just to check

Another balmy evening! Might get a storm later but that's ok I love storms
default_smile.png
got a little sunburnt today lol with being so fair I burn really easy but I didn't get as burnt as my bros I'm sure they forgot to wear sunscreen lol

Silly boys! Off to the markets tomorrow weather n dad permitting! He injured his back really bad 3 days before we left n it has been giving him grief the whole time poor daddy please pray for him!!

Love to you all

Word of the day :D vinaka = thankyou
default_smile.png

Vinaka for posting Cassie - sending good wishes to you Dad, poor man.
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
:salute
default_saludando.gif
:salute
default_saludando.gif
Hi cassie sounds like your having a great time swimming ect

do you wonna send me some lovely sun my way..............................
default_cheers.gif

Has anyone seen Suzie get her dinner? I couldn't get into LilB for an hour so I didn't see. Anna don't look at the mess in there or you will have to call Diane and get her to fly over and pick you up
new_shocked.gif

I am glad you are having fun with your family but make sure they work hard and don't wear you out
no.gif

Vinaka Cassie for posting

It's always hard to leave the care of your animals in other people's hands. When I nick off for the state show it means leaving everyone behind in my mother's care for three or four days! Many detailed lists are left with premixed food portions and I still worry!

Bree we didn't even go away on holiday this year cos I couldn't find anyone I trusted. We had a quick break of 2 days to France and I left the horses in their stalls with buckets of food and water lined up, all my mother in law had to do was put them in. I was just too worried about gates being left open etc. as she has always managed to let at least one horse out in the past and I wonder if she does it to p@# me off.

I know what you mean. I'll only leave them for a long time with my mother as she knows the routines for the rabbits, birds and cats (since i grew up with those animals.)

And no matter how well they do they just never measure up to our own standards of care! I know I have 'snack foods' stocked up and ready for when I come home to apologise about the horrible neglect they have suffered while I was away
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back