Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So exciting, Cassie! I am watching!

My hubby was on the computer when I was cooking dinner and he x'ed out of my cams and the alarm!
new_shocked.gif
Everything is up and running again though
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanks everyone... just stresses me out hehe

I would hate for her to foal while we are away!
default_no.gif

I'll be keeping a good eye on her from work today... if anyone see's anything I have barn alarm up...

she is more relaxed behind n soft than I have seen her...
default_yes.gif
hoping her udder will get bigger in the arvo like it did on sunday!!

sorry bout the camera, the wind is knocking it round like crazy!!

ok thanks everyone... just stresses me out hehe

I would hate for her to foal while we are away!
default_no.gif

I'll be keeping a good eye on her from work today... if anyone see's anything I have barn alarm up...

she is more relaxed behind n soft than I have seen her...
default_yes.gif
hoping her udder will get bigger in the arvo like it did on sunday!!

sorry bout the camera, the wind is knocking it round like crazy!!
I'm sure Suzie knows what she is doing,
default_yes.gif
I think she is just trying to keep you on your toes!
default_wink.png
Silly sweet girl. Isn't it so frustrating though, when you check them one day and it looks like a go, then the next looks like they went backwards?!!!!!!
closedeyes.gif
Stormy did the same to me this evening (I will post on Stormy's thread that) I think Suzie is really close, like within a day or two. BWDIK

I'm sure Suzie knows what she is doing,
default_yes.gif
I think she is just trying to keep you on your toes!
default_wink.png
Silly sweet girl. Isn't it so frustrating though, when you check them one day and it looks like a go, then the next looks like they went backwards?!!!!!!
closedeyes.gif
Stormy did the same to me this evening (I will post on Stormy's thread that) I think Suzie is really close, like within a day or two. BWDIK
well I sure hope your right Kara!!! Suzie is very agitated today, will go eat some grass then, move away, go somewhere else to eat... walk a bit... here comes little Penny having a gallop LOL

its really really windy here today!!!

some major butt rubbing, though I would call it more pushing then rubbing!! Penny going for a nice big gallop wind got her all frisky! wish I was home videoing it!!
default_biggrin.png

Im excited to read how much progress Suzie has made in the last few days since i have had a chance to check in on her!!
default_aktion033.gif
Not long to go now! I hope she gets down to business real soon, so you get time to play with your new baby before you go away Cass.

Goooo Suzie!!!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks Renee!! do you think by the pics she will have it before we go?!

default_unsure.png

oh n sorry bout the camera angle everyone! it fell off just as I got out there luckily it didn't fall to the ground, was still just hanging by one of the nails phew, I couldn't get it back up into position as I had to go back to work but will have a play with it after
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
it was smaller this morning
default_crybaby.gif
hoping that she will get bigger during the day again, forgot to check at lunch silly me
default_pray.gif
default_please.gif
she was VERY relaxed n loose behind this morning so I'm thinking it can't be too much longer... but the udder thing is concerning me still
default_ohnoes.jpg

default_saludando.gif
I dont no what that means either iam a beginner too

she;s just trying to trick you

its probaly normaly BWIK

Morning all
saludando.gif
(well Anna and Lindi) and afternoon and evening all
saludando.gif

Cassie stay calm! as Diane has told you at this point anything could happen.

At this stage I feel you should check her 3 times a day, with Suzie's character it won't upset her at all as she loves your attention and being your first time you should write down what you see. She could change very fast and if you forget to check her you will have no idea. As Heidi mentioned, Suzie's milk could change within 2-3 hours so don't forget to test.

Are you listening?????
biggrin.gif
Am I being bossy
rolleyes.gif
O.k o.k I will go and get a cup of tea now.

Hugs Aunty Renee

Thanks n morning Aunty Renee!
default_cheekkiss.gif
how is the weather for you over there?!

I have a diary that I write stuff in for her
default_wink.png

I'm trying, really I am...
default_unsure.png
default_biggrin.png

I meant to check at lunch, but Fuss n I (oh sorry Fuss is my brother Russell) Fuss is my nickname for him hehe

anways we were taking some pics of the ponies with his proffesional camera LOL so hopefully I will be able to show off some cool pics soon!! it was hard with the wind, so we will do another shoot another time... hoopefully when they are looking better LOL

then the camera mucked up so I had to fix it! 1 hour till I go home n will check her out then
default_rolleyes.gif

still not sure If I will go to Pilates tonight... would really like to... but if Suz is looking close I might just do a workout at home as its 20 min to Pilates!!
default_new_shocked.gif
kinda a little far if she decides to foal!

well her udder is no bigger then this morning
no.gif
but she is VERY Soft behind... not very relaxed when I checked but I had just been hammering outside her stable...

pilates?

do you think I can?! I would be back at 9...

Cass, anything can happen at this point. The udder shrinking is normal, generally before they increase back up and STAY that way.

But i think Suzie will be one to get just about full overnight, and then that next day will fill completely through the day. Thats my guess...
default_wink.png
I do hope its before you have to leave, and it very well could be!
default_yes.gif

BTW, my mares all have foaled at 6.8pH. Paris foaled at 7.2pH. Thats using the pool test strips & diluting with distilled water 1:3 - not sure what you have?

Hopefully she has more progress through the night
default_yes.gif

Cassie, I think at this point you are going to have to make arrangements for Suzie, with only a week to go it doesn't give you much time. Who are your neighbours that breed mini's? Are they the ones that threw the party?
new_shocked.gif
Do they have the possibility to take Suzie for you? I don't know if leaving her at home alone is a good idea, we can watch her and call people but we can't cut a sac and if whoever we call isn't there on time we would be sitting here helpless.
no.gif

I can't remember if you said whether someone was coming to house sit, if so who is this person and can we ring them in the middle of the night? Can they ring your neighbours in the middle of the night?

Sorry Cassie but I like to know things are organised in time or else I panic. I am sure if "we" get everything planned she will foal before you go bc that is the way things go
yes.gif

Hugs Aunty Renee

cheekkiss.gif

Very wise Renee. I think thats a good idea Cassie. Time to make some arrangements if you havent already. You dont want to be stressing out at the last minute if Suz hasnt foaled. At least you still have time right now, and you can finalise arrangements and be assured all will be under control.

I do hope she looks after you and foals before you leave though.

Morning everyone.
default_saludando.gif

Sorry, was posting on all the other threads this morning, leaving Suzie's till last, and Cathy had an emergency with her dog - coughing a lot/choking - so had to leave the laptop in a hurry to offer assistance and advice. All well now apart from the occasional cough, but she's off to the vet this afternoon for a check over.

I see the lovely Suz is in for the night and have just watched Cassie picking droppings (
default_aktion033.gif
) and checking her - did you do a milk check Cassie, if so how are the results?

Think you should do as Auntie Renee says and make sure you have FULL AND WELL ORGANISED backup for if Suzie hangs on with her foaling - although I too think she may well foal before you go.
default_yes.gif

Hope some of the pics that you and Fuss took will come out - would love to see them please.

hi All, I didn't do a milk test tonight... because her bag was smaller... I don't know LOL

don't worry Renee I'm already in a panic LOL

ok I have many backups in place, still have to confirm with the pple across the road, our employee Nathan already knows that he will have to have his number on here!! ITS ESSENTIAL lol

I'm going to see if Sandy (lady across the road) will let me put her no on here, will ring her again tomorrow. my best friend n her mum has horses they live 15 min away they have already been watching her on cam, n they will prob come to do the night feeds, another of our employees has had foals before she lives about 5 min down the road n she will be checkin her every now n then, I also have another mini breeder friend who lives bout half an hour away who I might see if she is in the area can come n check on Suz n hopefully the babe! I will be taking Fuss's laptop with us, n I don't know if I will be able to have the camera up... but will definitley have this n marestare up... fiji is 4 hours behind here so I will be up a bit later anyway which will be good,

Nathan will be coming over for dinner on Monday night to go through everything, so I'll get him to wave at the camera so you know who he is
default_yes.gif

ummmm anything else I have left out??

oh n I will give Aunty Trish n rebekah (my best friend n her mum) my password to here so they can come on n update you girls, n check for any changes, might do the same for Sandy...

believe me this mare is taking up all my thoughts at the moment!!
default_yes.gif

I'll see if Fuss has uploaded the pics yet...

Latest posts

Back