Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I'm calm again really... its just getting to me a little bit now... but I'll stop LOL I'll be smiling very sweetly when I go up n tell them that my beautiful Suzie has foaled a beautiful foal!!! LOL then they will have to put up with me talking about it all the time!!! (evil laugh) I will get my reward!!!!
default_biggrin.png

yes sorry bout friday night... I didn't have any pockets LOL don't worry my phone will be on me AT ALL TIMES from now on...

I might try test her tonight... she lets me feel her udder and everything... I just don't want to wreck anyrthing LOL
default_wink.png

default_saludando.gif
I would worry about what other people think

we all no she's in foal thats the main thing............

I'm so sick of all the teasing about Suzie, not being pregnant... phantom pregancy... foaling while we are away!!!!

I smile n laugh but inside it really frustrates me! how they can joke about something like this when I have been waiting so long, and she is getting SO close!!

Suzie will prove them wrong soon!!
default_wink.png

Yes I has all that too and it really isnt funny as your questioning it yourself 100 times a day as it is..shes deff ready though now and like you say she will prove them all wrong very soon
default_yes.gif

Haha almost forgot to add..when it starts keep calm and enjoy the moment..because the excitment does increase at least a million times
default_laugh.png

lol aww thankyou Lindi!!
default_biggrin.png

yeah thats exactly what I mean lol it raises my stress levels becuase I doubt myself... but you girls have been GREAT!! I don't know what I would have done without you all!
default_wub.png

thanks a million!!

going out to feed them now n put them to bed
default_wink.png

How's the weather treating you up there?

So lovely down here right now, I'm going to have to do a seperate trip when it gets dark to put the show horses rugs back on!

Now if only mares would foal in this instead of windy stormy days!

LOL the weather is beautiful!!!! another gorgeous day, n night!!
default_biggrin.png
perfect foaling weather!!
default_yes.gif

I'm the same with Smartie
default_wink.png

ok I tested Suzie's milk n she is sitting at 6.8 which is lower then the normal 7.2!!! but says foaling not likely, test twice daily for sudden drop in ph...

her udder is very hard though... not sure what that means? n quite warm... but it was a warm day so I'm sure that is normal
default_yes.gif

don't know if I will test twice a day, maybe at night time I will
default_smile.png

I only tested once a day when I brought her in for dinner at around 18.00 pm but they do suggest twice a day to give you more warning. i would do it once a day until she drops to 6,4.

saludando.gif

thats exactly what I was thinking thanks Renee
default_biggrin.png

p.s I wonder where Anna is this morning... Diane should still be sleeping LOL

but I hope everything is ok
default_smile.png

I have been wondering about Anna too, I hope she is o.k. I think her lap top was playing up last night, maybe that is the problem?

i wonder if Diane has Volt in bed with her
biggrin.gif

LOL the weather is beautiful!!!! another gorgeous day, n night!!
default_biggrin.png
perfect foaling weather!!
default_yes.gif

I'm the same with Smartie
default_wink.png

ok I tested Suzie's milk n she is sitting at 6.8 which is lower then the normal 7.2!!! but says foaling not likely, test twice daily for sudden drop in ph...

her udder is very hard though... not sure what that means? n quite warm... but it was a warm day so I'm sure that is normal
default_yes.gif

don't know if I will test twice a day, maybe at night time I will
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
PH has droped
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

I bet Anna is having a lay in with her tea and bickies after looking out the window and seeing yet another gloomy day
default_rolleyes.gif
and I bet Diane has been in Volt's bed with him just watching
default_wub.png
and enjoying
default_biggrin.png

lol I totally agree with the both of you! I would want to spend the day in bed if it was a gloomy day... this gorgeous weather makes you want to go out n do things!!!
default_biggrin.png
hopefully its making Suzie want to do SOMETHING too LOL

yeah its exciting Jenny, will be very excited when it drops to 6.4/6.0!!!!! then I will be up all night
default_new_shocked.gif
LOL

Suzie is weight shifting, and doing some tail swishing. Com on Suzie, your ph is dropping, and you are ready, lets go baby.
default_new_multi.gif

Sorry about people teasing you about no foal, i know how you feel too, with you yourself having doubts and fears about everything. But, Suzie looks like she is now develpoing closer everyday, I can't wait to watch, then see a beautiful color picture of her on here!!! Go Suzie Go Suzie!

LOL!! I'm here my friends - spying on you all and on the lovely Suzie. Did have what I thought was laptop problems, but it was the electric supply. Not the mains this time, but we have the folk who are buying part of our farm from us staying here right now, and they have an electrical supply from our house to their mobile home via an extension lead. Think the rain got in somewhere as it was on and off like a yoyo yesterday and again today. They are working on it at the moment so still a bit 'iffy'.

Latest pics of Suzie really show a sharp move in the right direction Cassie!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Plus I have no objection against you milk testing at this stage if it helps you, but be warned, someone else on LB had their mare foal at 6.8 I seem to remember, but maybe they missed that final drop?

I agree with Renee, keep that phone charged up, and preferably right in your hand, if you have to leave the place over the next few days.
default_yes.gif

Not long to go now my friend!!

LOL!! Suzie says that if you are not bringing her breakfast Cassie, then she might as well use her bowl or door for a good old botty scratch!!
default_biggrin.png

Well Cassie, I worked all day and thought little Suz may have gone today so rushed right in the check...looks like a little more of a bit to go by the reading of the posts.

I know it seems like ages ago but didnt Cam stay at 6.8 only for a few hours before foaling but was at 7.0 for awhile. I'll have to go back and check. but I do know it dropped within a couple hours.

Sorry i dont post much ...have been busy at work,but I still check in on Suzie when I can. I'll have to remind Diane to call me when she goes in labor b/c i no longer have the MS alarm on. Hugs to you both and
default_saludando.gif
to Renee,Anna and Diane!!

morning all...

Suzie's udder is smaller this morning
default_no.gif
what can that mean?!

ITS 7 DAYS TILL WE GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping for progress this morning... not a backward step....
default_wacko.png
closedeyes.gif

another hot day on the way... I got a new rug for Penny yesterday, but might not put it on till tomorrow, it has burgundy stitching n lining n I think should look quite nice with her coat colour
default_new_multi.gif

I don't want her coat to bleach from the sun...

well off to work... kinda hoping she might get bigger in the arvo like she did on sunday...
default_blush.png
doubt it will happen though...

Diane her poops are actually all cow patties besides one n 2 were very mushy!!!

she is VERY Soft behind!! n quite red.....just this udder stuff grrrr

Latest posts

Back