Maple Hollow Farms 2013 Foaling Season Complete

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Renee I am pretty thrilled with that lil guy! I feel like Chicky is NEVER going to foal, she has a nice large udder but the nipples are still pointing in. It has been this way for a wk or better with no change! I feel like the day I go out and see a change will be the day she foals! Or she will be like most of my other sneaky horses and surprise me LOL!

Lets hope I catch her if she does a sneaky on you at night
default_thumbup.gif

Wow, look at that little head, super drooling here, someone pass the tissues

/monthly_06_2013/post-44491-0-66693600-1370295981_thumb.jpg

OMG! She's too cute. Love the markings. And, since I seem to have CRS (and my monitor isn't showing colors that well), she looks to be buckskin, which is one of my favorites.

Ohhhh, she is just gorgeous!! Does she have blue eyes? It kind of looks like it in the pictures. I'm betting she is a KEEPER?!!!

Thanks everyone. We cant keep em all but we sure do try to LOL, I dont know what mom plans for her yet, will be a hard one to see go if she does get listed! Her eyes arent blue they are that kind of dilute color that most of our cream carriers seem to have. They just seem to be more obvious on some. I told mom I am going to steal her but she didnt agree LOL!

Another two fantastic foals Melinda - many congrats to you and Mum! Cant wait to see what Chicky finally gives you - maybe she's saving up the best until last, although I dont see how she can improve on those last two!

It breaks my heart to tell you that I lost Chicky's colt this morning. She didnt make any changes so just simply wasnt watching her close enough. I got a call after she foaled but he had already been in the sack too long, I got a heartbeat but after CPR and trying to stimulate him, nothing worked and he faded pretty fast. Chicky seems to be doing ok, looked for him for a little while but already seems better. I am heartbroken though as he was a gorgeous sorrel pinto colt and my only foal by my champion driving stallion for this year
default_sad.png
Will be making a note in Chicky's file that the sack stayed on and that she didnt get up after foaling to make sure and have her on high risk watch next year. Thanks everyone for watching this spring and for all the phone calls and texts, they were greatly appreciated!

Oh I'm so sorry that Chicky caught you unawares Melinda and that her little colt was lost! It can happen when these mares get 'sneaky'.

Glad that Chicky is ok - sending you ((((HUGS))))

Oh Melinda, I am so sorry that I wasn't here for you
default_crybaby.gif
I feel awful
default_crybaby.gif
Sending hugs

Sorry the colt was lost, but very glad Chicky is alright. You had a terrific foaling year with just lovely babies! Hope you continue to share photos both here and on Facebook
default_smile.png

Wow, I thought I would catch up with your maternity ward, wow. You be busy. I am so sorry about your loss on the last one Melinda. All the foals are just super beautiful! Guess I need to go take pics of my grungy lil one soon lol.

Oh poor Chicky, Melinda Im so sorry to read about your little colt. I know you have lots of other lovely foals this year but even loosing one is just so heartbreaking.

Thanks everyone. I just always feel guilty when I lose one like that. I had a gut feeling she was close but no actual signs to support that so I figured I was just getting hopeful. I should have watched her a lot closer....but nothing I can do about it now. Just got to enjoy the ones I have, but guaranteed, I am gonna be watching her like a hawk next year!!!!! Will try and keep updating with pics when I get them. Right now everything is just so muddy from pretty much nonstop rain that my pics arent very pretty right now.

Latest posts

Back