Foaling 2020...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
Nasty weather last night, put out our power after midnight, and...
a tiny smoky black filly came out too. Bonny had the tiniest little smoky black filly. And, as far as I could see not a stitch of white on her, and looks to be dark eyes, not even baby blues, but with the wind, I just got her in the barn and left them for more bonding time out of the wind (windy and only about 55 above this morning). [I'll have to do the math, but I think this puts her at 320 days at the most.]
I haven't put up my 2020 foaling stats here this year. This is actually my second foal of the season, but the first came too early, about 3 weeks ago.
I have one or two more to go. Pictures later.

They aren't great, as the little barn doesn't have power, and it's overcast and windy today, but here are a few dark pictures.

Attachments

• bonny foal - june 6, 2020 - black filly 2.jpg
    bonny foal - june 6, 2020 - black filly 2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Bonny foal - june 6, 2020 - black filly 3.jpg
    Bonny foal - june 6, 2020 - black filly 3.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Bonny foal - June 6, 2020 - black filly.jpg
    Bonny foal - June 6, 2020 - black filly.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 21
Thank you. She's cute; and such a change from her full-siblings: first there was a smoky silver black colt, then a silver buckskin filly, now a smoky black.
She's not quite as upright as her brother was, but a bit more upright than her sister. Such a nasty day to be born on, just windy now, but she may have already been through a rain/hail storm, or she came right after it was over, cause she was dry when I found her first thing this morning.

Ok, used a foaling date calculator, and from earliest turn out she is 313 days. From the day I saw Topper pursuing her she is only 306 days.

A couple pictures of Rain from today, she's 8 days old. We've had icky weather, so they've mostly been in the stall this past week.

Attachments

• Rain - June 14, 2020 - 1 week old  barn.jpg
    Rain - June 14, 2020 - 1 week old barn.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Rain - June 14, 2020 - tiny.jpg
    Rain - June 14, 2020 - tiny.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 4
  • RAin - June 14, 2020 - cute.jpg
    RAin - June 14, 2020 - cute.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 4
And, Tana foaled last night, looks like she has a mini-me colt, as he appears to be the same color as she is:
I didn't think it was any more chilly this morning then when Bonny foaled, but this little guy was shivery, so I blanketed him (forgot I had the camera with me, until after I blanketed).

Attachments

• Tana and foal - June 17, 2020 - colt.jpg
    Tana and foal - June 17, 2020 - colt.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Tana and foal - June 17, 2020 - colt 2.jpg
    Tana and foal - June 17, 2020 - colt 2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 6
Well, I kind of knew when they were bred, since they've been here for their whole lives, and even though I pasture bred, I only turned the stallion out for one month wit the girls. We did lose one, she came too early to be viable; and we have one maybe to go, she doesn't look pregnant, but if she took the last day out with the stallion, I still have several weeks of mare stare to go.

Latest posts

Back