Maple Hollow Farms 2013 Foaling Season Complete

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone and sorry for not keeping the other thread at the marestare forum very updated. Mom's internet sometimes has moments where it just stops for a bit and then restarts. Very annoying! Chicky is on the left on my cam and Belle is in the middle. Chicky was very restless last night, lots of yawning and head tossing so hoping she is getting closer! She has a good sized udder but nipples are still pointing in.

We still had a lot of fun at the show even with the not so wonderful weather. Mom and I show all of our horses and I also help some friends show when they need it. I went in for a total of 12 Liberty runs between our horses and our friends' LOL! Love that class!!! Now we get to catch up on some of our chores and such before our next show in a few wks!

Thanks for the clarification
default_smile.png
Chicky is down sternal at the moment 10:15pm Belle has been up and down a few times tonight

yes chicky was restless last night, I missed all Lollipops fun and games but she is standing quietly so far tonight... I did think last night she was looking close so see if she does anything exciting for us tonight
default_smile.png

I can't believe Lollipop didn't foal yesterday, she really had me fooled
default_thud.gif

Just a heads up, we have severe weather going through this evening so may lose power. So if cams go down it means we are getting hit ROFL!!!

Round one wasnt too bad, power flickered on and off a few times. LOTS of rain! Round two is still yet to come though! Nobody looks "ready" to foal but we all know how sneaky my mares are ROFL!

I saw a flash just after the girls were looking a bit agitated so I'm guessing there must still be a bit of lightning around... stay safe!

Girls don't you dare foal while the storms are around! we don't want Melinda out there in that horrible weather!

can you get tornado's where you are Melinda? gosh I hope not! what do people that are in the tornado alley do with the horses in a tornado? do they let them all loose or lock them up? or take them into the shelter with them? (thats what I'd be doing, would need a big shelter...)

The flash could have been when the power flickered just enough for the lights to flicker and not lose power....I dont think you would be able to see lightning in the barn. There really isnt much you can do other than hope for the best. If you went out to try and get them all to safety you would just be putting yourself at risk as well. Generally by that time there isnt any time. We are in the completely flat farmlands so wind and tornado threats are high. We already have had severe damage in 2011 from 130+ mph winds so have all new barns, fence, siding, roofing, and lots of vet bills. Hoping that we never have to go through that again but I am always terrified during storms now. Here are a few pics to show how flat our area is. Makes for some gorgeous sunset pictures but no real protection from the weather.

DSCF2552.JPG

DSCF4834.JPG

DSCF9514.JPG

DSCF9718.JPG

wow gorgeous sunsets! and lovely area! can't believe how flat it is! I can see how you would have problems with that :/ would planting trees help to minimise the damge (provide a wind break as such?) or is there no point due to the storms?

I hope there are no bad storms headed your way
default_sad.png

we had a girl come from America and she used to get terrified when I said there was a storm coming and I'd say I love storms! but she was thinking of your storms that are terrifying! ours can get bad but for us to get storms as bad as what you guys get is very very very rare... in the summer time we love to get an evening storm to cool things down. stay safe!

love the pics!

Wow, what stunning pics Melinda, it must be very frightening though when a storm hits
default_ohnoes.jpg
I hope you stay safe
default_pray.gif

Gorgeous sunset pictures Melinda - hope the nasty storms avoid you!
default_yes.gif

We do plan to put up a windbreak someday just havent been able to get it done. We are currently getting poured on again. It really needs to STOP RAINING for a while or our crops are going to be in big trouble! I also am getting low on hay and would love to get my first cutting up dry! UGH. Anyhoo, no major changes but I am just figuring that every night they are going to foal considering how far along they are all getting. Chicky is most progressed in her udder and both her and Belle had loose poo today. Hopefully someone gets moving, I am dying to see our last foals!

Latest posts

Back