Maple Hollow Farms 2013 Foaling Season Complete

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Freckles' udder is definitely fuller tonight and still doesnt have "real" poo piles like she normally does so hoping we are close! Callie had about an inch of wax on her udder tonight and I think mom is ready to get the plunger out! LOL!!! As for my new camera stars, Sassy is on the left at 316 days and Diamond is on the right at 306 days, both have nice starts to their udders but dont look "ready". Both were very easy to tell when they were going to foal with previous foals so hopefully they keep their patterns. Carrie is actually due first but is behind in the udder department so have her off cam for now but her udder is FINALLY starting to fill and is filling fairly rapidly so will probably end up switching her out when she gets more serious. Turned mares and babies out to pasture today and my poor mares are going to be super fit, I was constantly seeing babies taking off playing with momma hot on their heels trying to keep up LOL! Heartbreaker is still my baby though, he kept whinnying at me each time I went to leave so of course I had to go play with him until he got bored with me :D

awwwww!!

ahem, where are the pics from the babies big day out? lol

I'm here at the office today so I'll be watching them again
default_smile.png

I hope Callie foals tonight for your mum, poor thing! what colour is Callie's "hubby"? should be a gorgeous foal!

p.s I saw Callie yawning just before...

Diamond is down sternal

default_whistling.gif
Im in trouble, didnt get any pics, was busy day trying to clean stalls and get horses switched around then had to run to town and do the rest of my stalls and chores so didnt even think about the camera LOL! Callie is bred to MT our silver buckskin pinto. Sassy and Freckles are also bred to him and Diamond and Carrie are bred to Monte.

Freckles down sternal....

naughty Melinda
default_gaah.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_deadhorse2.gif
lol

I suppose because you are sleep deprived we may forgive you just this once LOL

ooooh I can't wait even more for these babies to arrive!

such excitement!

Freckles down flat 8:53pm

Diamond also back down flat, Sassy standing

9:30pm roll from Freckles and back up, the other two are up also.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think that is funny, you should see her when she is sitting and itching her belly ROFL!!!

Funniest thing I have ever seen LOL

attachicon.gif
Callie scratching.jpg

Callie was using her front hoof to scratch her tummy!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
never seen that before

Freckles is acting MIGHTY suspicious, very restless tonight. Hopefully one of our mares will get serious ROFL!!!

5.53 am and a blck kitty popped into to say hello. That is about all the excitement happening on Cam 2
default_thud.gif

Cam 1 is quiet and no more signs of Templeton
default_thumbup.gif

Funniest thing I have ever seen LOL

attachicon.gif
Callie scratching.jpg

Callie was using her front hoof to scratch her tummy!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
never seen that before
You're right Cassie............that's hilarious!! I've never seen a mare do that either. Mine sit like a dog and scratch their bellies by rocking back and forth, this way is a classic! So glad you 'captured' it!

She's certainly a mare with a sense of humour - brilliant picture!!
default_yes.gif

Haha pam mine scratch their udder too but had never seen that one lol

Ooh that's another good one Renee
default_smile.png

How are the girls looking tonight Melinda?

Mares are pretty much the same in the udder department tonight but Freckles has been acting very agitated. Hoping she is close but so hard to tell with her sometimes. I actually have never had her on cam, last year she tricked me and the time before that was her first foal and didnt have cameras yet so not sure really what her patterns are at this point other than sleeping ROFL! Callie is just driving mom crazy that she hasnt foaled yet as much as she is waxing and as full as her udder is! I might end up switching Carrie for one of the other mares tomorrow as I was talking to mom and she doesnt remember her bagging up much before foaling as she ended up foaling in pasture each time mom had her. Just figure better safe than sorry since the other two mares are generally textbook style! As always, any eyes are appreciated :D

Freckles looks like she is close...

been down twice in the last minute rolliing, she is doing lots of pacing and shaking her head...

are you watching her melinda?

I am keeping an eye on her but please still call me if she starts foaling and you dont see me shortly. I am having a heck of a time keeping my eyes open but forcing myself to stay awake!!! She is def. restless and I wish she would just lay down and get on with it!

yep I would be straight on the phone if I saw her down and pushing
default_smile.png
(otherwise Renee would be angry at me hehe)

come on Freckles! get on with it!!

I'll have to go out soon and put fresh shavings in the stables and bring the horses in from the big paddock. but not for a little while yet...

gosh she is having restless spells... come on girl! have that baby!!

Back