manure forks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen in NC

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know what kind of manure forks are the best and where to buy them. I have the "regular" ones for bigger horses and the manure falls through. Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

I recently found the "Fine Tine" stall fork online at Valley Vet Supply. Its plastic tines are spaced really close together for that little tiny poop!! And it works! Well worth the extra cost....I think mine was 24.95 plus about $10 shipping.

Good luck,

Lauralee

We use the Fine Tine brand forks. They have quite a large basket that has rather close spacing. We got ours at Tractor Supply. Not every store has had them. I think they also make a smaller version now. They have been very tough aa we have not broken or cracked either in the last 3 years.

Mark

there was a post a while ago (including pics
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) that explaned manure forks very well.

pooper scooper thread

fine tines are good.

Fine tine ones here- but if you can get your hands on a metal one if you are in a cold climate would be good been through 2 plastic ones here :bgrin

Just bought 2 of the fine tines ones from Dover. Yes, this winter has been brutal on the plastic ones! I prefer the junior size.

I had a standard Dura-Fork that last like 10 years with the full-size horses (mostly I packed it to and from shows and such, as my horses are mostly on pasture; did use for the shelter); less than a year with the little ones and it had broken tines. Little goobers would knock it over while I was busy with the rake and then step on it and broke some tines. I ordered a replacement head, which came with bent tines (they werent' straight, so don't pick up too well). [i tried to complain, but the customer service rep just didn't get what I was trying to tell her. ] So, I ordered a whole fork the other day.

Thanks to all for the information on this thread, especially "Love Casper" who posted the link to the previous thread, and to whomever it was that gave the link to sstack.com, their shipping is FAR more reasonable than what I saw elsewhere, so I've ordered both the Jr and the Regular Fine Tine Forks. Our feed store just recently started carrying pelleted bedding and I'm so glad to be able to use that stuff again!!

Thanks again all!!
default_wub.png
:

I use the "Missy" metal tined fork(the company-don't know the name-makes the 'Big Daddy' and the "Missy"; they are available by those names in several of the vet supply catalogs.) I have NEVER owned a "miniature" manure fork! In the around-30 years that "manure forks" have actually been made and sold, the "Missy" is the ONLY one I've ever bought(tried the larger "Big Daddy" once, and it was just TOO big; guess it'd work if you had drafties and were a large MAN-LOL! )When I first got Miniatures, and since(I've probably owned about 6 of them since the mid-70s, and they get a LOT of hard use, so you can see why I like them)-I simply take about 10 minutes and bend the tines in so that they are closer together at their tips, giving the fork a sort of "V" shape. Works wonderfully well for the minis, yet I can still use it for my 'big'. I wouldn't have plastic; too easy to break, esp. here, where winter's are cold. The 'Missy' now is up to around $21-22 in cost, before shipping. I have also seen them in area feed stores; even w/ shipping, though, they used to be noticably less expensive to order--but with the extreme escalation in shipping costs, that may have changed. The one I use daily now is around 4-5 years old, and things have certainly changed in that time!

Margo

Ah, I just checked back on the older thread and it was Sandee that posted the link for sstack.com. Thanks so much Sandee!
default_smile.png

This forum is so great!
default_yes.gif
:

I went to our Tractor Supply Company today and got the last Fine Tine they had. I had them check and they are not stocking them any more here either. It was $26.55 so I saved what the shipping online would be :aktion033: but Hubby wants to get the small one later.

At the checkout, some guy looked at it and asked if it was for picking up walnuts and I told him no, it's a horse pooper scooper! :eek:

Stephanie

At the checkout, some guy looked at it and asked if it was for picking up walnuts and I told him no, it's a horse pooper scooper! :eek:

Stephanie
:eek:

But, you should of told him it was a miniature road apple picker. REally stump him.
default_wink.png
:

Whoohoo, I found the guy who actually designed them and has them produced! And he even makes a smaller version of the large basket one I need replaced. I ordered 3, two for friends and one for me, yippee am I excited or what
default_wacko.png
: :bgrin

If anyone needs one here's the link... http://aplusequine.com/

Thanks everyone for your advice. I just ordered the Fine Tines jr fork. I can't wait to get my stalls clean. You guys are the best!

Latest posts

Back